29| A Blessing

My phone buzzed in my pocket

My phone buzzed in my pocket. It's been going off all morning. It was a text message from Levi.

Call me ASAP!
-Levi

I had an inkling that he just wanted to speak to me regarding our mom. I know I may seem like I'm overreacting but I was serious when I said that I am going to distance myself from her.

I looked in the mirror and adjusted my tie. I seriously did not want to go to the wedding of the brother of the guy that almost destroyed my life, but I was doing it for Farrah. I promised her I would go.
I reached for the diamond bracelet I purchased her last night. I'm planning on surprising her with it when we move in together.

I know it may be early but the engagement rings caught my attention when I was at the jeweler. I'm not going to propose, but it did cross my mind. The more and more I think about Farrah being my wife, the more I become content with the idea.

I dialed Levi's number, and he picked up on the first ring.

"What's up?" I asked as I placed Captain into his cage.

"Are you busy, I need to talk to you. In person." Levi said in a serious tone I am not used to hearing him speak in.

I looked at my watch. It was almost noon. The wedding starts in two hours.

"Um, I'm about to go to that wedding with Farrah. Can it wait?"

Levi was silent on the line for a few minutes. "I'm sorry man this can't wait. I have to talk to you now!" He was urgent.

I stepped into my room and slipped on my shoes. "Can we talk about it over the phone?" I asked feeling a chill run down my spine. Whatever panic state Levi was on, he was passing on to me over the phone.

"No." He answered again swiftly. "Get to my house now Barron." He said before he hung up.

I was now extremely worried. I know it had to be an emergency from the way Levi was practically panicking on the phone.

Farrah is at her parent's house getting ready with Todd as we speak. I'm supposed to stop by there and scoop her up so we can attend the wedding together. I clicked on her name on my phone to call her.

"Hey." Her voice was music to my ears from the other line.

"Hey, uh is it okay if I meet you at the wedding instead?" "Um... Yeah, sure, is everything okay?" She asked a little taken aback by my request.
She was a nervous wreck. I'm supposed to be her shield.

"Yeah, Levi needs me for something and I think it's an emergency." I sighed. "Okay, I'll be waiting for you. I love you." She said with a bit of anxiousness in her tone.