6| Complex History

"Look at you, your blushing

"Look at you, your blushing." I teased Briana as I pointed out the grin on her face.

She got an alert on her phone, and the reaction on her face was very telling. I concentrated my eyes on her. She is the type of person who you can read her emotions easily.

Although she had a dark complexion, I could easily spot the rosy red color rising in her dimpled cheeks from across the salon.

I took a sip of my coffee and texted Aunt Rochelle for the second time to ask her where was she.

My period finally started this morning. As happy as I was, I was irritable.

"Okay, I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks, and I'm kind of excited." Briana giggled. "Aw!" I beamed.

Briana put her hand over her face. She was nervous. She disclosed to me that she doesn't date often, but this particular guy has caught her attention.

"He is so fine! I can't help myself around him." She said excitedly.

I crossed my legs and decided to ask her a question that's been lingering on my mind.

"So you and Barron, have you guys ever dated?" I asked so casually but in reality, I needed to know the answer.

Briana quickly shook her head. "No way! He is a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but he is like my brother." "I just assumed because he's really good-looking," I stated factually.

"Yeah, he is." Briana giggled. You should see how the girls used to throw themselves at him." Briana smiled. "Yet he was always loyal to his girlfriend."

GIRLFRIEND!

"He has a girlfriend?" I asked.

It dawned on me that I never even asked if the man is in a relationship or not.

"No. He's currently single. They broke up a few years ago." "How did you meet Barron? You guys seem very close." "I met him at NDU. We had the same software engineering class." "Oh." I smiled.

"Hello, ladies." Aunt Rochelle smiled entering the salon.

She was holding a cup of coffee, and her hair was pinned back. She appeared to be tired. She had no make-up on, and she wore a simple black maxi dress.

I looked at my watch, and she was fifteen minutes late. That is not like her at all. Unlike the other hairstylist in the area, Aunt Rochelle is usually very punctual. She takes what she does very seriously, which is why everyone sought to have her do their hair.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to be so late. Ralph bitch ass showed up to my house, fucked up my entire morning." She uttered angrily as she slammed her coffee on the table.

I held in a laugh. Ralph is Aunt Rochelle's ex. They were together for five years. I think he's a nice guy, but the downfall of that man is that he is somewhat a bum. He hasn't been able to hold a job, and he was constantly spending Aunt Rochelle's hard-earned money on useless get-rich-quick schemes.