16| Deadbeat II

After lounging around in my apartment doing absolutely nothing the entire day

After lounging around in my apartment doing absolutely nothing the entire day. I grabbed my car keys and walked out the door. I drove to the electronic store. I purchased a PS5 and a few games that piqued my interest. I can't remember the last time I played any video games.

Levi and I used to play for hours on end when we were younger. I was kind of excited to get home and check the games out. Especially Call of Duty. It was my favorite game. My dad thought it was too violent and tried several times to stop us from playing it, but it was no use. I would just end up playing the game at one of my friend's houses.

When I got back to my apartment I saw Levi's car in the parking garage. I completely forgot he said he was going to stop by and hang out with me.

I feel like being in the hospital happened ages ago when in actuality, it's only been three days.

I walked through the door to my apartment, I found him sitting on my sofa watching television. He was in a weird mood.

"Hey Levi," I said walking straight into the kitchen.

"What's the matter?" I asked him. "Kate and I broke up." He said with his eyes still on the television.

I nodded my head. Kate and Levi have only dated for a few weeks, but I could see from a mile away that they were not going to last. She is a waitress that works at a bar in the city.

Although he's my older brother. There is not much advice I can take from him relationship-wise.

"Are you heartbroken or something?" I asked genuinely confused. "No, I'm just having problems at my job. There is some woman I'm working a case with, she is impossible. We got into a full-out argument. She is just so mean." "Mean?" I chuckled at his wording. "Yes, mean. She is just very difficult to work with. For the first time, I actually considered leaving the job." He huffed in frustration. "Well, you can go somewhere else to wallow because I have somewhere to go later on tonight."

I said placing the box to my brand new PS5 on the table.

"Holy shit, how did you get that? Those things are out of stock everywhere." Levi gasped running over to the table.

"I paid the cashier a little extra under the table." I yawned. "Alright, Mr. Hotshot." Levi grinned admiring the PS5.

"Where are you going?" "None of your fucking business." "It's with that Farrah girl isn't it?" He smiled with entertained expression painted on his face.

I was not going to answer his invasive question about Farrah.

I looked at my watch. I haven't heard from her in a couple of hours now. I wanted to check on her to see if she was okay. I walked into my room and gave her a call. It rang a few times but it was forwarded to voicemail. After a few seconds, a text message notification appeared on my phone. It was from Farrah. She canceled our date and asked to reschedule.