23| Helpless

"I'm so jealous of your body," Briana said eyeing me down

She was just gawking at me and it was making me self-conscious.

I looked down at what I was wearing. It was nothing really special. I slipped on a bright pink Nike sports bra, black jogger pants, and sneakers. My hair was thrown into a quick bun and I had no makeup on. I did not put much thought into what I was wearing. I never do when all I'm going to do is run.

"If you met me a few years ago, I was a stick figure," I stated matter-of-factly. "You were probably still gorgeous," Briana said as she removed her jacket.

I let out a sigh. "You know you are gorgeous too," I said to her.

I could catch Briana's insecurities from a mile away. It makes me so sad she thinks so little of herself. Yolanda and I have done all we can to boost her confidence but it has to come from within.

"Just so you know, Barron is a really good guy. You guys are the perfect couple." Briana said quickly, attempting to change the subject.

I smiled at her. I really like how things with Barron are going. I would have never guessed that I would have fallen for my boss and that we would get into a serious relationship. Everything is going pretty well with him. Yet, the idea that he might have a child is at the back of my mind but I can't process that at the very moment.

"So can you tell me just how you and Barron got together, I'm dying for the details. Except about the sex stuff. He's like my brother and I will barf if you bring any of that up."

I let out a laugh. I swear I love this girl.

She couldn't be any more ecstatic that Barron and I are together.

I smiled and warily analyzed her. She wore a gray hoodie and black jogger pants. There were bags under her eyes. I could not tell if it was from her crying or her lack of sleep. Maybe both.

I continued stretching my leg against the large rock in front of me. Barron had me folded like a pretzel last night. That man be fucking the shit out of me. I'm not complaining the least bit but after last night and this morning, I think I need a little break.

"You are so quiet." Briana pointed out.

I nodded my head. She was right. I was not as talkative as I usually am. I rolled out of bed this morning on a mission. My mind was on the verge of exploding. I was nervous, but I was committed to talking to Briana.

As much as I wanted to dive into a conversation about Barron, I had more serious matters to address. When I saw a brace on Briana's finger last night, I felt like going on an angry rampage. I can't say for sure what is going on, but something is going on. All of the signs are there. I honestly don't know the first thing to do.

I felt helpless.

"So, how did you guys get together?" Briana asked.

I sucked his dick in his car during a rainstorm.