34| Simone POV (Black Paint)

"Simone... What are you doing here?" Briana beamed her big brown eyes at me.

When I first met this girl I did not know how to feel about her. I'm not open to making new friends but Farrah's friendly ass is always bringing people around.

Now that I see how sweet the girl is, I can see why Farrah likes her so much. She reminds me so much of a little puppy.

In Miami, Yolanda accidentally let it slip on what she has been going through. Everyone knows Yolanda can't keep a secret to save her life.

To hear what's been happening to her breaks my heart. I could not sit around with that information and not talk to her. I decided that I wanted to check on her and see how she is doing.

"I brought you some sushi," I said handing her a bento box.

"Thank... you." She said nervously.

I don't blame her. I have not been the nicest person to her when we first met. I own it. I'm not a pleasant person but quite frankly, I don't care what anyone thinks about me. I have my daughter and my friends. That is all I need.

"Um, come in," Briana said inviting me into her house.

I walked in and her house was clean. She had hardwood floors and light pink walls. It had an anime theme to it. It was cute.

The only reason why I know where she lives is that I've had to drop Farrah over at her house once before. She lives a couple of streets away from my mom's house.

"Look. I want to be honest with you. I heard what happened to you, I was just checking to see how are you doing?" I said upfront.

Briana's eyes widened. She was embarrassed. She shouldn't be. The man that's been beating her up should be.

When I was nineteen, I met the father of my daughter. He was the perfect boyfriend, or so I thought. He used to buy me flowers every day. Take me on trips, give me the attention I have never been given by anyone in my life. He was everything a girl can dream of. Turns out, I was wrong about him. He was a merciless, violent man and I was always at the receiving end of his terror.

That man used to beat me until I was unconscious every other night. It didn't matter what I did. If he suspected for a moment that I was defying him, I would get a punch to the face. After I had my daughter, he was better. He promised me that he would stop, but then he did it again. Around that time Farrah and Yolanda did everything they can to get me out of the relationship. They even called the police but I did not want him to go to jail. I had hopes that he would go back to how he used to be. So I would lie to the police and say that he didn't hit me. I would always have some bullshit excuse. It would either be like I fell or I banged my head against something. It was never him. I always shifted the blame to myself.

When I finally did leave, the monster that came out of him was the worst I have seen yet. I never thought he would hold a gun to my head and threaten to kill me and MY baby. I didn't care for myself but Cleo is my life. If anything ever happens to her, I would have nothing to lose. I swear on everything, I would have killed that man. I don't know how, but I would have done it.

Lately, I think a lot of my time with him. It made me stronger but at the same time, it ruined my life. I don't have any urge to date anyone and I am petrified of the thought. I've been considering going to therapy but I don't know where to start.

"Um, I'm okay," Briana said nervously.

She still had bruising on her face. I know firsthand the type of trauma it does to your mental state.

"Look, I know I have not been the nicest person to you. I'm guarded and that's the way I have always been."

Briana nodded her head.