10| Word of Advice

"Is it necessarily a bad thing that I want to fuck my boss?" I announced to Char and Simone as we set up my apartment for the housewarming party tonight

Originally it was supposed to be a small gathering. I invited ten, maybe fifteen people. That is until Char and Simone got involved. My entire friend group is coming and a few co-workers.

"Farrah, come on. Can you not be a little hoe for one second." Simone said with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

Uptight Bitch.

She looked over at me like I was growing horns in my head, and I let out a boisterous laugh. Barron has been a topic of discussion for the past few hours.

"Farrah, you need to leave that man alone." Char giggled.

"No the hell I don't! You have to see him. He's so fine, and he's smart, and he's kind." I swooned.

I felt like a schoolgirl with a crush.

I can go all day listing the attributes of Barron that I like. Not only is he very good-looking, I like his overall energy.

"Is he going to be here tonight?" Char asked. "He better be." I smiled. "I invited him, and he said he's coming." I was rattling in anticipation of his presence.

I bit my lip thinking about him. To be honest, it goes past just wanting to fuck Barron. I think I kind of developed some feelings for him, but I'm not so sure. This is the first time I feel anything towards the opposite sex that goes past being sexual. I haven't felt like this for any other guy besides Melvin so this is all so unfamiliar to me.

"You need to sit your hot ass down somewhere." Simone beamed her eyes at me.

"If you told me that sweet little Farrah would have turned out like this I would say you are lying," Char added in while she laughed.

"I'm serious you guys. I think I like him." I sighed.

This week I've been sneaking glances at him. He's so work-driven, but he still is so nice and polite to the staff.

"He's your boss Farrah, it would ruin everything. Word of advice, don't shit where you eat." Simone said placing both hands on my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. I hate to admit it, but they were right. I hope whatever I have for Barron goes away because it's torture at this point.

"The caters are here," Char announced glaring at her phone. "What's your code?" "6113," I answered.

Simone nodded her head and went to her phone to buzz them in. They showed up and began setting up the charcuterie board. I found the girl on Instagram. Although she's pretty pricy, She does a great job, and she's black so of course, I will do my part in supporting a black business.

When everything was finally set up, I went into my bedroom to begin getting ready. I took a shower and moisturized my body.

I slipped on a black skirt and a black halter top that showcased a bit of my midriff. I brushed my hair into a top knot and glared at myself in the full-length mirror I had installed in my room.