11| Blurry

I felt like bursting into tears when the loud, piercing and very aggravating noise from the alarm on my phone jolted me out of my sleep

I felt like bursting into tears when the loud, piercing and very aggravating noise from the alarm on my phone jolted me out of my sleep. I rolled over and frowned at my phone. It was 7 am. As much as I wanted to sleep in, I knew I had to begin cleaning up my apartment. I have no time to do it any other time this week.

I slowly got out of bed and walked over to my bathroom. After I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower, I exited my room with a bunch of optimism. That quickly vanished when I got a full view of the state of my apartment. There was trash everywhere. Empty beer and wine bottles were cluttered on the counter. Food was on the ground.

Fucking black people!

I rolled up my sleeves and went to work. I cleared out all of the food and trash from the counter and threw it all out. I still can't believe I'm cleaning up this mess all myself.

I would have cleaned it up yesterday, but I spent the entire day with Barron and Toddy, which I would choose to do any day. When I think about it, I don't even know what made me invite Barron to go to the zoo with me, but I'm happy he agreed.

Well, I sort of forced him to go but still. I had a restless night because my mind was plagued with our day together. He is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I did not think men like Barron existed. There is a part of me that wonders if he has another side to him, just like Melvin.

Yet I can't bring myself to spot any questionable qualities of Barron.

He's successful and business-driven, and he is kind to all of his staff. I don't think anyone at work has one bad thing to say about him. Except that he works too much.

After an hour of running around my apartment cleaning up, I lit up a candle and played some music. When I saw it was well into the afternoon and I haven't heard from Yolanda yet, I decided to give her a call. I took out my phone and dialed Yolanda's phone number, and it went straight to voicemail. I hung up to send her a text message and continued to lounge around. I didn't feel like doing anything today but relaxing on my sofa.

Char and Simone stopped by unannounced at my apartment with wine and sushi. I had every right to cuss out both of them for sneaking off and not helping me clean up.

"Does anyone want to help me look for a job because there is this man at my job that got me fucked up? I'm so close to saying fuck it and punching him in the face." Simone asked running her hand through her long silky ponytail.

I let out a giggle.

Simone is all bark but no bite. Don't get me wrong, she is still a bitch, but she's not the type of bitch that would "punch someone in the face" bitch.

"What is it about this man that gets under your skin the way he does? You are a lawyer. I didn't watch you study your ass off for months to pass the bar on the first try just for you to lose it because you can't restrain yourself around a colleague." I stated.