7| Spontaneous Email

"Fucking moron!" I cursed under my breath

"Fucking moron!" I cursed under my breath. I can't remember the last time I was this angry. The day I expect to finally get home at a decent hour vanished all because of one person.

Tommy once again, messed up on the spreadsheets for an important presentation I have coming up. I have investors from Japan flying out, and he completely messed everything up.

Tommy has been making more and more mistakes like this and I'm sick of it. I don't know what I was thinking when I hired the guy. We were never really friends. We played football together at NDU, but that's about it. It's pretty apparent he has developed a drinking problem, and it's getting in the way of his job. Although he's been with me from the beginning, I have no choice but to let him go.

"I fixed it." Briana yawned before handing me over the I pad.

I quickly reviewed the charts and information on the iPad. It looked perfect. I don't know what I would have done without Briana. I would have been beside myself or in prison for attempted murder.

"That guy is really an idiot. I don't know why you haven't fired him yet." Briana said before flexing out her arms to crack her knuckles.

I hate when she does that!

I squeezed my eyes shut from the noise of her bones popping.

"I'm thinking about it. The thing is who do we have to fill his spot on such short notice." I sighed rubbing my temples heavily pondering firing Tommy for good this time.

"I think Farrah would do really good at that position. Her background is in sales, so she's really good at numbers. She's a good manager, but I think the accounting department will suit her better." Briana said.

I rubbed my chin and nodded. What Briana was saying was making sense. The position pays way more than what she is making now. I'm not fully convinced about the idea, but I will most certainly take it into consideration.

I looked at the time, and it was almost ten in the evening. The office was completely vacant. Even the cleaning crew had done their job and gone home. The only people left in the building were me and Briana. I was exhausted, but I still had a lot of work to get done.

"I've been calling Andy, and he hasn't answered any of my phone calls," Briana stated sadly.

I looked over at her and frowned. She looked like a sad little kitten. I wanted to throw Andy into a dumpster fire at this point. Is he that upset she is dating someone right now? She has not been with anyone in almost four years.

"He's been busy. I'll let him know that you are trying to contact him." I assured her with a smile.

Briana lowered her head.

"You can tell me if he's mad at me. If I did something wrong, just tell me. I feel like I'm always making him angry." She pleaded.

It was at that moment that I decided that I'm going to punch Andy in the face the next time I see him.