31| Uncomfortable

"Hi, Daddy," I said answering his phone call

"Hi, Daddy," I said answering his phone call. "Baby girl. How have you been?" He asked.

I finally told him last night that I broke things off with Barron. He noticed that I have been in a depressive mood, and he asked me what was the matter.

I couldn't bottle it in anymore so I let him know everything.

"I'm okay. I just got out of work, and I'm on my way to Yolanda's house." I said as I was digging in my purse for my keys.

"I just got off the phone with someone at the police station. He said that the way your apartment was trashed was very aggressive and that this person can be dangerous."

I nodded my head.

My dad has stayed on top of my stalker situation. Although I hate guns, he gave me one to carry around for my protection.

"Just promise me, baby, that you will be careful. I don't think I have it in me for another one of my babies getting hurt."

"I will daddy. I promise. I love you." "I love you too." He said.

I hung up the phone. The very second the time hit five o clock I bolted out of my office. I could not run out of my office fast enough. This week was all a blur. I would come to work, do my tasks and leave.

I listened to some R&B music as I drove to Yolanda's house. For obvious reasons, I've been staying with her while Todd stays with my parents.

When I got to her house I took a long shower and washed my hair. When I stepped out of the shower, I glared at my reflection in the floor-length mirror in the bathroom. My eyes were sunken in from all the crying I have been doing.

I stood at the same spot for what felt like an eternity before I noticed Yolanda standing in the bathroom besides me. She placed her hands on my bare shoulders and gave me a sincere smile.

"Are you okay baby? We were getting worried about you out there." She was caring and attentive.

I already filled her and the others in on my break up with Barron. I've felt an enormous sense of scatterbrain the entire day. I have constantly zoned out or gotten lost in my thoughts.

I wrapped a towel around my naked body and gave Yolanda a shrug. It's been five days since I broke things off with Barron. When it comes down to it the feeling that I resonated the most with was being heartbroken.

I can't explain my mental state and what lead to me breaking up with Barron. I know I was upset but breaking up with him was not on the table. That was not my plan when I showed up at his apartment that night. I was supposed to hear him out, tell him off, and that would be the end of it. I was just in the heat of the moment.

As soon as I left his apartment, I went straight to my car and went to Sunny and Logan's house. I locked myself in a room with Todd and cried myself to sleep. I already regret it, but I did what I had to do. Unfortunately, I don't know how to face him.