21| Former Best Friend 🔥

When I woke up, it was three in the afternoon

When I woke up, it was three in the afternoon. There were visible bruises all along my arms, legs, and thighs. There was a sore thumping between my legs that was excruciatingly painful.

I rolled out of the bed and entered the living room to find Barron and Todd snuggled beside each other, asleep on the couch. My heart instantly warmed at the sight of them but quickly went cold when I saw that dog sleeping on top of my brand-new sofa.

I marched over to him, picked him up, and placed him on the floor.

I took out my phone, and I had an array of text messages from Sunny. I let out a deep exhale, and my eyes hit the ceiling. This is the longest we have ever gone without speaking, and knowing her, she is probably ripping her hair out, going ballistic.

The last conversation we had still does not sit right with me. I love Sunny. I would take a bullet for the girl, with no question asked, but she is such an obnoxious brat. I've let her slide with way too much.

I deleted our message thread and blocked her number. It's not permanent. I just need a little time off my phone not being bombarded with a swarm of calls and text messages from her.

I placed my phone on the table, and Barron opened his eyes and smiled at me.

He's so fucking fine.

"Hey gorgeous." He sat up and tugged my arm and sat me on his lap.

"Are you well rested?" He asked and I nodded my head before pressing my lips onto his.

"What do you think about telling Briana about us?" Barron asked very seriously. My lips curled into a smile. "I like that idea. I feel like a monster keeping this from her." I giggled as he planted kisses on my cheek.

This is the affection I have been robbed of my entire life. I feel as if this man was specially made to cater to my every need. This has to be a dream.

I looked over at Todd who was still in the middle of a deep nap. I have no complaints about keeping him. I think it might be the best decision I ever made.

"There is also something important I need to talk to you about," Barron stated before putting on a serious face.

"What is it?" I asked as I reached over and rolled Todd from his stomach to his side.

"Do you remember that guy that hung out with Melvin, Hayden, Hayden Bernard?" He asked gazing into my eyes.

Uh oh!

I felt a rush of heat pass over my face. I never thought in a million years that I would hear that name again. Especially coming from Barron. Hayden is Melvin's best friend. Well, former best friend. I sort of slept with him last year. I didn't want anyone to find out. I only told Simone and Yolanda at the time.

I should have known the information would have gotten out because of Yolanda and her inability to hold anything in. I heard through the grapevine Melvin found out about it and he was not too happy about it. Which is quite ridiculous when you think about it. It's not like I was in a relationship with him. We were broken up for two years at the time, and I did not really owe him any loyalty.