24| Bonds

I looked over at Todd

I looked over at Todd. He had a large grin on his face. I just took him for a haircut, and he looked adorable. He flashed me a smile, and my heart warmed at the sight of his pearly white baby teeth. He is always able to put me in a better mood.

It's almost time to start planning his birthday party. I can't believe the little fella is going to be four years old. I could remember when he was first born as if it was yesterday.

"You're ready?" I asked Barron as my nervousness began to rest in my stomach.

Barron swallowed in some air. "Yeah, I am." He responded while masking any type of obvious nervousness he had in him.

I wish I was able to disguise it as well as he was. My hands were trembling slightly. I was an anxious wreck, so there is no telling how Barron is feeling right now. I turned my head to take a better glance at him. He had a tight grip on the steering wheel, and his cheeks were flushed.

Last night my parents called me out of the blue and communicated to me that they both want to have Barron over at the house for dinner. Although they both already met him, I suppose they want to be introduced to him more formally. My mom cooked, and she promised me that it will only be her and my dad.

Barron pulled up to the driveway of my parent's house. My dad was standing on the porch cradling baby Destiny. I was so happy to see her.

"Baby girl." My dad rejoiced when I got out of the car. "Hi, daddy." I smiled at him.

I went straight for Destiny and took her from his arms. She smelled like vanilla, and her skin was soft. Her hair was pulled into two tiny puffs, and she wore a beige-colored dress.

"Nice to meet you again sir," Barron said extending out his hand to my dad.

My dad took his hand, shook it, and invited us inside. The scent of my mom's famous lemon pepper chicken roamed into my nose.

My stomach growled in excitement. I've been dying for a home-cooked meal from my mom ever since I moved out. I think it's time for me to seriously take the initiative and learn how to cook.

"Hi Farrah," Tory said coming out of the kitchen with my mom.

She was wearing a white crop top and dark denim jean shorts. As always her eyes were focused on her phone. That thing might as well be glued to her hand, it never leaves her side.

Tory is Logan's younger sister. She just turned fifteen a few weeks ago. When Logan began dating Sunny we welcomed him and his little sister into the family with arms wide open. Especially my mom. I don't know why but for whatever reason my mom took a real liking to Tory.

Although Tory is not technically my mom's biological daughter, she might as well be because Tory and my mom have an inseparable bond. She is without a doubt the favorite. Even to the point where Tory refers to my mom as "Mom".