12| Slow Down

You are Beautiful -Anonymous

You are Beautiful
-Anonymous

I glared at the text message that popped up on my phone. It is the third text message I've received from an anonymous number this month.

I deleted the message and glared at my reflection in the club's bathroom mirror. I applied a coat of lipgloss to my lips and ran my fingers through my hair.

I was enraged. I could not believe Yolanda had opened up her big mouth and said that in front of Barron. I can count a couple of embarrassing encounters in my life.

I peed on myself in the third grade, and my mom had to pick me up early from school. I was known as the "Farrah Pee" for the remainder of the year. Kids are so cruel.

Another mortifying moment that comes to mind is when I fell off my bike in front of Melvin when I first began to develop feelings for him. He had to carry me to my house because I sprained my ankle but this moment takes the cake. I don't think I've ever been so humiliated in my life. I wanted to kill her. In fact, I should kill her. The only thing is I just don't know how I'll be able to get away with it. Once the police show up at my house, I'm sure I'd get nervous and confess to slashing the big-mouth bitch in the throat.

"There you are, girl. Why are you cooped up in this nasty ass bathroom?" Yolanda asked entering the bathroom casually.

I whipped my head around and gave her an angry snarl. "You fucking big mouth bitch!" I spat angrily at her. I was no longer able to hold it in.

"Well damn, what the hell is the matter with you? What I do?" She had the audacity to appear confused.

She's crazy. She's actually fucking crazy. I wish I had a time machine, and traveled to the first grade and made it so I never met this crazy bitch.

I shook my head in disbelief. I felt a ball in my throat, and my stomach was churning. I'm never going to be able to face Barron again, and it's all her fault.

"Is that the boss you want to fuck?" I repeated one of the most horrifying moments of my life.

Yolanda slapped her thigh and burst out in laughter. "Oh, that! Girl that's why you're mad? Come on now?" She continued to laugh, downplaying the situation. "It's not funny Yo! I'm so embarrassed!" I cried. "Girl, what you embarrassed for? Don't act shy now. Was it not you telling me just last week how bad you wanted to suck his..." "Yolanda!" I interrupted her.

I guess it's my fault for confiding in Yolanda about my desires, but she did NOT have to repeat it. In front of him at that.

"Well if it makes you feel better, just so you know, from the way that fine ass man was looking at you, I can tell he wants to fuck you too." She winked.

"Yolanda. He's my boss. He's just friendly." I felt a chill run up my spine. Before I could say another word, my phone began ringing. It was Briana.

"Briana is calling me, I'm going to take this," I growled at Yolanda. "Whatever girl. Remember, I'm your best friend." Yolanda said unleashing her irrational jealousy over my friendship with Briana.