26| Chaotic Mess

"Girl, you look a mess," Yolanda said as I walked into her apartment

She recently got her place renovated and it looked amazing. I just don't know why she did it. It's not like she is ever home.

"I don't look that bad." I scoffed in annoyance. "I just haven't slept yet." "Mmhm."

I rolled my eyes and headed straight to her liquor cabinet. If there is one thing about Yolanda, she's going to be stocked up on liquor.

I was still a little aggravated with how everything went last night. I needed someone to talk to.

"So, how is Briana? Is she okay?" Yolanda asked me delicately.

I've told her bits and pieces of what's going on.

"She's okay. She says she's going to stay with her mom for a little while." I sighed. "She is such a sweet girl. I hate that niggas think they can do shit like that." Yolanda said running her hand through her honey-blonde extensions.

I made myself a vodka soda and sat on top of the kitchen counter.

"Where is my buddy?" Yolanda asked as she poured herself a drink as well. "Who Todd, and his little bad self. He's with Barron." I chugged down my drink in a matter of seconds.

Yolanda stared at me for a few moments in agonizing silence. We have known each other long enough to read each other's moods.

"It's tough dealing with that shit all over again huh?" Yolanda let out a deep exhale.

I looked up to meet her gaze. She seemed to be in deep thought.

"Yeah. He roughed up her face badly. I had to force her to go to the police department. She made every excuse in the book for him. It was the same bullshit that Simone used to say." I spat angrily. "You can't be mad at her." Yolanda stated, "I'm not. It's just that she's just too smart and too beautiful to be in that situation."

Yolanda stood up and walked to the liquor cabinet I had helped myself to earlier and pulled out a Hennessy bottle.

"You remember that man I was seeing a couple of years ago, Tate?" Yolanda said randomly as she poured herself a glass.

I shrugged my shoulders. Not to call out my friend for being a hoe or anything like that, but there have been several men she has dated over the years. None of them ever really sticks around. I stopped remembering their names a while ago. There was absolutely no point.

"He was that tall black guy, the one in med school remember?" She said trying to regain my memory of one of the many, and I mean many men Yolanda has dealt with. "Which one?" I asked very seriously.

Yo has dated three men in med school. This was not helping.

"Oh my god, Farrah, the one with the bald head." "Oh, him." I lied.