38| Love of My Life

I sat in my car for a couple of minutes

I sat in my car for a couple of minutes. The wave of nausea was unfathomable. While I was on my way to see Char, I suddenly felt sick. Very sick. A nauseous type of sick. I pulled over and dry-heaved for a solid twenty minutes. I was sure I was dying.

I couldn't even bring myself to get out of the car. It honestly just hit me out of nowhere. It terrified me. I guzzled down the water bottle that's been sitting in the back of my car for a couple of days.

A whole hour passed before I was able to finally compose myself and recuperate. I had so many thoughts passing through my mind.

If I'm pregnant, I will be so fucking angry.

I glared at my phone. It was dead, and I left my portable charger at home. I'm sure Barron is worried sick. Todd spent the entire morning playing games on my phone. It must have drained the charge.

I had to stop by the store and grab a car charger. I suddenly had a pounding headache, and I was nauseous again.

What was wrong with me?

I walked down the aisle where the pregnancy test was located. I felt as if they had eyes and they were staring holes into me.

I picked up a couple of tests. I would be lying if I said Barron and I did not slip up a few times.

For the first time, I have not been consistent with my birth control, and we have had unprotected sex. A lot of it.

I purchased my stuff, left the store, and got in my car. I instantly plugged my phone in and waited for it to turn on. It will probably take a few minutes for my phone to turn back on. I decided to sit and ponder how my conversation was going to go.

Was I going to confront her angrily?

Was she going to deny it?

My mind was fogged with different ways this will play out. Char is much bigger than me. Will she end up wanting to fight me?

Oh my god, she might end up beating my ass. I've never been in a fight before.

I let out a deep breath and calmed myself down.

Right, when I summoned the courage to get out of the car I spotted Char coming down the stairs.

"This bitch." I cursed under my breath.

She was moving quickly.

She wore all black and had on a large backpack. I leaned forward to get a better look at her. It looked like she was holding something.

I didn't park in my usual spot. I didn't want her to know I was there. I parked in an area that was far out. I had to squint my eyes to see what was in her hand. My mouth fell open when I saw that it was a gun.

What fuck was she doing?

I almost got out of the car to walk over to her. I wanted to call out for her but there was something in me that told me to keep my mouth shut and stay in the fucking car.