Chapter 20

Regina looks and  asks Robin  "do you think Elizabeth meant what she said?". " I am pretty sure she didn't" Robin  whispered and stroked her hair. " Well you kinda said the same" she said looking down . " Did I mean it?" he whispered softly.

Regina shakes her head and Robin said whispering" Exactly... I didn't mean it".  " But she might have though Robin" She said as her eyes were watering. " I know!" he whispered and his lips were so near hers . "I think i'm gonna go talk to her " Regina said walking off before he could kiss her. Robin was so torn apart from her turn down that he was speechless for a moment.
Damn that woman for being so forbiddenly beautiful he thought as he watched Regina walk away.

Meanwhile

Elizabeth was walking around outside and Regina  went outside and saw her and said "Elizabeth?". " I don't want to talk to you!" she responded to her mother. "I get it and that's ok you can just say nothing at all and just listen" Regina said calmly and understandably.

" I don't even want to listen..."  Elizabeth said and made an attempt to walk away. 

Regina sighs thinking she is so much like me "Well I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I hurt you in anyway ". "You don't understand " the youngest said, staring at her mother.

"Oh I understand you well...she said, staring at her youngest daughter. "No you don't" Elizabeth said. " Then tell me... what do I not understand?" she asks her.

"You left me, you almost made me believe you were dead , but I didn't want to believe any of it " Elizabeth looks down.

"Well I was in Italy all along!" Regina  said.

"I get that  but you never came back until now why?" she asked with her hands clenched.  " Because Roberta chose this camp and I promised her to come!" Regina said, sensing Elizabeth's disappointment hidden in the anger .

"You could've chosen to come back before then but you didn't why" Elizabeth asks her mother.
" Because things between me and your father aren't the easiest!" she said.

"So you decided ok so abandon your other daughter  forget she even existed just because of the issues you and daddy had  " Elizabeth clenches her fist harder and tries not to yell.
"It was NOT my decision! Your father wanted to keep you... and WE thought it was good to take one of you each!" she explained calmly and carefully, trying not to make her daughter completely angry at this point. "You could've came back you didn't have to stay" Elizabeth said .
"Well I didn't want to meet your dad again!" Regina  said while Elizabeth  adds "or even me?" and runs off upset.

"Your dad could have also followed me to Italy!" She shouted behind her   "Nothing... I didn't manage to speak with her!" and  sighed, returning  to Robin.

Meanwhile

Robin walks outside  and only sees Regina  and not Elizabeth.  "What are you doing now?" Regina asks him.   "I was gonna check up on you and Elizabeth " he said. " Well she ran off! It's all my fault in her eyes!" she explains to Robin. "So you didn't get anything out of her" he asks his ex wife.

"Not really!" she whispered and was too near him again...
Damn him for getting this hot Regina thought while Robin said "don't worry she'll probably come around" as she nods looking at him.
He touches his ex wife's  cheek , "What... are... you... doing?" she whispered and her eyes were big.
Damn him... he was breaking her walls all over again Regina thought. Robin takes his hand off her cheek and says "I'm sorry I can't do this again" and walks off.
"Stop Robin... what... What is the thing you can't do again?" she asks .  "Forget  it Regina " he said, still walking.
"I don't want to forget it... tell me!" she begged, walking after him.  "Us again" Robin said and went to find Elizabeth to take her home.
Regina stood there speechless for some time.

Meanwhile

Elizabeth  stayed in the stables and talked to the horses; she really didn't want to be around people at all which was kinda not out of the norm for her.

Robin finds Elizabeth to take her home and says "hey princess" and Elizabeth  sees her father and said "daddy let's go home now , I waited just like you asked and I want to leave now".
"Alright  Lizzy we're going " he said and went to take her to the car. "Robin..." Regina whispered, walking towards him  and holding him slowly back... "Can I just... talk to you for a few minutes?" she asked him.

"There is nothing to talk about Regina" Robin said while Elizabeth was looking down avoiding her mother as she went into the car.

"Well... if you say so? I think there is pretty much a lot to talk about but again run away... that is what you do anyway! I can't force you to go after me... as we saw 11 years ago!" she responded. Robin said " how was I supposed to  know if you wanted me to 11 years ago ".

"I thought you were my husband... you should know me by then !" she replied calm .

Robin said "I thought you were mad at me that's why I didn't because I know you and when you get upset , now goodbye I have to take Elizabeth home Regina" and he goes to get in the car.  "Goodbye Robin " Regina said and then went to find Roberta.