✗ five ✗

⚊ chapter five

The two weeks that we spent in Hawai were amazing. It was nice for all of us to be catching up as a family and to be once complete without any distractions like business or friends coming to ruin the merriment.

I got to see a lot of islands and enjoyed seafood like my favorite shrimp or tried to eat a large crab leg in one seating.

I was extremely blessed to live in the privilege life we have.

It was the sight of Jake's smiling face when I step out from the ocean was the one that rattled me down today. He wasn't alone and how did I knew that?

I could hear the loud voices of Park Jay and Sunghoon as they bicker about their luggage from miles away. My brother shrieked from where he was lounging on a swing and Ni-ki turned up with Jungwon who gives him a dizzying sway in the wind.

If they were here, it means he's also here.

Just when I was beginning to think Hawai could bring me away from the stress of his kiss, but even here, he can follow us.

Like what the hell? Was it a coincidence or am I just overthinking things?

"What's on your mind, sis?", Dahyun asked me as she helped me return the kayak we rented from the resort.

I frowned, "Is it wrong to space out? I mean, Chae is cute when she did it"

But apparently, Dahyun knew me so well. She is my big sister after all. She was away a lot because of the career she's been aiming for.

Sometimes I wished she was around more often but I knew that she was happy about what she was doing.

"Because you've been looking deep in thought since you saw our brother's friends arrived here", She pointed out.

I grabbed a tanning oil from the store we entered at and bought it in the cashier, "I appreciate your help, unnie, but I'm gonna go collect my thoughts first while tanning"

"If you wanted to talk, I'm just waiting in our room!", She called out as I walked out of the store.

I then went into the bathroom and changed into a strapless rash guard, not bikini or else my whole family would have a heart attack. I put one some sun screen then tanning oil before going to the pool and laid out in the white beach chair.

Everything was going to be fine. You just need to trust your fate, Sunhee.

I was reading Abundance of Katherine by John Green while listening to a music by T-Swift as always. I didn't have to worry about any boys when my brother is only a few feet away, floating in the pool peacefully.

Or at least I thought so for the both of us.

It was so peaceful and quiet until Ni-ki and Heeseung came running from nowhere to jump into the pool.

So much for wishing to avoid that one.

I pretended not to see them and attempt to read about how the heroine is once again by a girl named Katherine. All his exes were named Katherine for god's sake.

"We gotta throw another party here", Ni-ki started as he pulled out my brother out of the pool, "Anyone could come. We could meet some celebrities. Maybe like the Aquaman"

"I heard he's photobombing to some tourists here", Sunoo says, joining them at the edge of the pool.

"Yeah, yeah, but my parents will be gone for the remaining summer days. Us going here is already questionable, so we could just hang out as a group or else I'll be fucked up", Heeseung said.