✗ fourteen ✗

⚊ chapter fourteen

Except that in my school days, I think my lady luck is running away from my grasp. Sure, enough, Ni-ki ran over from the bottom and jumped over a few steps before stopping in front of me and giving me a wide grin.

Yuna and Ryujin were both nudging me now to give an answer.

"What do you think, shorty? Wanna be my partner?", he asked, making my friends laugh at the nickname.

"Not a chance! I'm not exactly the best person to race with!", I whisper-shouted.

"What? Come on, Sunhee, I helped you earlier. You owe me something!"

"What the..? You only comforted me to make me owe you a favor?", I can't believe it myself as I gaped at him.

"Hey, just please be my partner for today!", He whispered back with mock despair, "Or otherwise I would take a cheerleader who may or may not have a crush on me"

I still didn't give in and was about to offer Yuna instead or Ryujin even, when I saw the look in Ni-ki's eyes.

He's using puppy eyes, it was so strong that I couldn't look away. It's way better than when Sunoo made me do things for him, like washing the dishes.

I looked over at my friends for some help, but they gave me an encouraging smile and Yuna said, "Hey, what's the worst that could happen? He'll be the one to be blame at if you trip and the fun will be there if your brother comes for him!"

"Ignore her words. Just run with him and have fun!", Ryujin cheered on, pushing me to make a move.

Sighing, I stood up from my chair and gestured for the girls to guard my bag.

Ni-ki jumped up and fisted the air in celebration which got a few laughs from the people who had been watching our exchange. I keep my head bent to the ground as I allow Ni-ki to lead me down the steps.

When we got over tha barrier separating us from the ground, he easily hopped over like it was no freaking big deal, leaving me to stare at him like what am I supposed to do?

He laughed at my predicament, earning the eyes of my brother now as he shouted, "Oh, shorty! Let me help you there"

I looked over to where Sunoo is narrowing his eyes on him and I swear he's about to burst out any minute now.

Ni-ki then reached up and grabbed my waist before lifting me down to the safety of the ground in front of him.

"Ni-ki, don't do that again!", Sunoo shouted what's in my mind.

Ni-ki ignore him. He then to proceed to whip off his jersey, leaving him a sleeveless white top and smothered me as he shoved it it over my head.

Now I'm feeling like a doll being played here by a little boy.

I shot him a glare in annoyance as I pulled my arms over the holes and attemped to fix my hair once the jersey is fitted through me. We walked together over the other players and I see the starting line is a white chalk drawn over the ground.

I kept my eyes forward on the course rather than the hundred of students from the bleachers and from the corner of my eyes, I could see Heeseung glancing at me from beside another girl.

"Nishimura Riki, you better not make my sister trip or slip on something!", I hear Sunoo screaming from before the stage, sat in a plastic chair.

From my peripheral view, I glimpsed Jungwon who was signalling my brother to zip his mouth. In front of us, from the edge of the soccer players and their partners, Jay and Sunghoon were watching the situation with bated breath.