✗ thirty seven ✗

⚊ chapter thirty seven

He wanted to talk to the younger boy after the accidentall call at Sunhee in the same time but the closeness he had now with the girl made him quiet, so he let Ni-ki go for now.

As for Sunhee, she was stolen pretty quickly by her own friend back to the mini party.

Heeseung now stood near the back of the room with a few of his friends, sipping light drink and taking in the crowd. The other players scooped out different girls to dance with, but all he could think was Ni-ki and Sunhee.

Does he likes her? That Jiyoon girl had clearly been getting out of her head tonight. She had been so harsh to Sunhee who were nothing but an angel to him, he can't blame Ni-ki if he were to have a crush on the girl.

Sunhee was sweet, considerate, soft-spoken - she was the epitome of good. Those girls spent the whole night shrieking for attention and sexually harassing Sunghoon who were now hiding behind Jake or Ni-ki all the time.

It's a good thing that Jay had walked out the first chance.

"Hey Captain, your girl's catching some eyes there", Takagi called from his side as his elbow jabbed into Heeseung's rib.

A small flutter of satisfaction burst through him whenever his teammates called him that. It didn't help that she currently wore his jersey for everyone to see.

But then he realized - if what Sunghoon is true, that Sunoo is finally considering him - it might be a possibility for them to get a label soon.

Looking out the small crowd, Heeseung tried to understand what Takagi meant. He caught sight of Yuna first, she was spinning around with the other dancers, laughing and holding hands with Ryujin and Sunhee in a circle.

A small reached his lips as he watched them. Sunhee was clearly nervous. Her bright red face kept getting covered by her hand as she giggled with her friends. But she was glowing with happiness.

She is starting to enjoy her night.

The trio stood out in the crowd. Everyone else around them were either flirting or clinging at each other. But the three laughing girls were spinning and twirling to their heart's contents.

Heeseung's gaze raised to the people surrounding the dance floor, and his shoulder immediately tensed. He wasn't the only one enjoying watching the girls. Quite a few guys who stood near them stared at the trio, mainly to Sunhee.

He could practically hear the perverted wheels in their head as they stared.

He knew what most guys thought when they see Sunhee. Her vulnerable and innocent face was like a siren to their alpha side. He understood this because it called him too - but unlike those guys he didn't want to take anything from her.

He just had this intense need to protect her from them.

He turned back to the girls to find Sunhee looking back at him. A small, unsure smile touched her lips - so unlike of the huge ones he usually get.

Before Heeseung could stop himself,
he moved towards her, never breaking eye contact. A few people bumped into him as he strode through the crowd, but once they saw it was him, they moved away.

"Hi", Sunhee said softly as he stopped in front of her.

"Hello Sunny", Heeseung smiled down at her. He realized he didn't have a reason to talk to her, "Would you mind if I take you away from here for a while?"

He had been busy half of the night to pull of this party, so he just wanted to have a moment with her so his night could continue.

"Alright, take me away from here", she smiled, raising her eyes up to look at him.