✗ thirty ✗

⚊ chapter thirty

He couldn't focus. Why did he have to be so weak and distracted when it comes to the girls he cared about?

"Ni-ki, pay attention!", Jay barked at him from the sidelines.

They had about an hour now before they began the second game of the season, so as usual, they were out in the field for a warm up.

His teammates swarmed around him, running drills and passing balls around with Heeseung reminding them of their new strategies, but Ni-ki couldn't focus.

Looking up into the stands, he madd eye-contact with his sisters for the eleventh time since they arrived unexpectedly with Sunoo and Jungwon.

"Ni-ki, focus! Focus on the practice!", Jake was the one shouting for him this time.

Sunghoon who was sitting from the bottom of the bleachers, frown to Jay, "What the hell is happening with him?"

"How should I know?", Jay said with a shrug.

With a grimace, Ni-ki tried to focus on their practice. No matter how hard he blocked it out though, he felt like he was on stage.

It's not even his sisters' fault. He was just afraid he could cost the team the game by simply being distracted by another problem of his and they would be literally disappointed.

"Hey Riki! Your little crush is here!", Lee Know goaded him from the back.

Without looking up, Ni-ki knew he meant Sunhee.

Eversince he brought her in that fucked up party, he hadn't heard the end of it. They can just never mention it in front of Heeseung's face, not when their captain told all of them the girl is off-limits to the entire team.

Turning towards the stands again, he saw that the crowd had gotten thicker. Sunghoon sat next to his sisters now, with Sunoo and Jungwon, followed by Sunhee and her own friends.

When the girl caught his eye, she stood up excitedly while smiling and giving him a friendly wave.

God damn it, she's fucking cute.

Ni-ki couldn't help but smile as he turned his back on her, for her not to see it. His smile dropped though when his eyes moved over to Jake and saw him looking up at her way with a worried frown.

"Ni-ki", he called to him as he made an approach, "We'll talk about this later"

"We don't have to, hyung", Ni-ki avoided the hand Jake was aiming to grasp for his shoulder.

He hated that Jake could see through everything, He hated that he kinda felt like a traitor to his own friend, the one he thinks he's the closest to next to Sunoo and Jake.

He hated to feel jealous over what Heeseung have.

"Don't you dare escape me this time, Ni-ki", Jake said to him rather sternly, "If it's bothering you so much, you just have to open up about it"

He once again evaded the older guy's reach, "I'm not sure what you're talking about"

Upon seeing the expression in his face, Jake looked resigned, "I worry about you, kid"

"Well, you don't have to worry because I'm fine", he said with a loud laugh, "What are you saying?"

"Ni-ki, I know you more than anyone here", Jake said as he finally landed a hand on the boy, and then he was leading him towards the edge of the field.

Then he added, "It's not healthy to contain it all inside. It will break you"

Ni-ki shook his head, his eyes flicking over his shoulder and only to see Heeseung is now talking happily to someone on the phone, stood before their locker room's entrance.