✗ twenty one ✗

⚊ chapter twenty one

Things were getting back normal. At least as normal as it could get after we return to our house and my brother had taken all the fall.

By saying fall, he was the one to lie about the reason why we were gone for two days and one night. He didn't trust me to open my mouth for the fact I wasn't really a good liar in his opinion.

So after all his nonstop rumblings and complaints about the incompetence of some people from the school newspaper, my parents got tired of it, they let us off the hook easily.

They knew they would never hear the end of it if my brother was allowed to not stop his mouth.

He'll truly be a good reporter if he so desires someday.

But the big deal to me this Saturday is that we finally got the real invitation from the Lee's. I am officially going out as a date of Heeseung for the night.

Even though I'm quite unsure of how his parents will receive me.

Sunoo were surprisingly quiet about it or that he still see no harm in it to reject the idea.

For now, I had to focus on purchasing a dress for the ball, so I am with Ryujin and Yuna in the mall now to look for something to wear.

"This one", they both said at the same time.

They go for the off-shoulder tulle fancy ball gown that goes down to my feet. The color was light blue and there is a cover before the real skirt inside which were shining because of the sequins.

It was simple and yet up to my taste. I didn't want to go overboard in this party.

"You could wear a round necklace to compliment it", Yuna suggested once I changed into the dress.

I looked in the mirror before me, the size was right, no need for me to ask for adjustment and I wonder if Heeseung would like this on me.

I hope this would not be too much.

"Does Sunoo know you're going to the ball with him?", Ryujin asked as I walked back into the dressing room to change.

I twirled around inside, the thing I do if I really like the dress I wore before I get out of it and change into my casual outfit.

I was handing the dress to pay for it to the saleslady when I answered to my friend, "Yeah, my whole family knows. It's not like they were suspecting anything"

Ryujin scoffed, "Yeah, it's not like he raced down his car down the road just to get you in the hospital or that he already kissed you way before that"

"Or that Heeseung actually paid for the hospital bills to save them from any trouble", Yuna added, smiling.

They got me there, and I couldn't deny it. The last part was even seen to by my brother.

"Yeah, but we're trying to keep it lowkey", I said as I waited for my dress to be put into a box, "I don't even know what we are in the moment. Are we a thing? Are we about to get serious one day?"

"Well, I only know that he's not the only one who likes you", Ryujin confessed.

"Ryu! What do you mean?", I questioned her.

She looked me in the eyes, "Have you seen the way Ni-ki treated you as of late? You couldn't tell me there's nothing to see in the way he called you 'shorty' affectionately"

She had a point, a good really one at that, but I refused to say anything. I didn't even tell them what had Ni-ki done for me yesterday in their house before he have to go.