✗ forty ✗

⚊ chapter forty

He was walking up towards the stairs which would up to her room at the end of the hallway, hoping she would be there to listen.

She hadn't answered to his call when she suddenly ran away. He'd been trying to reach out for two hours now and hadn't left the pool side.

He might sound clingy but he couldn't help but think Sunhee looked upset about something he had said.

Heeseung reached the door of her bedroom and nervously knock, hoping her friends with her wouldn't stop her from facing him or you know, help him in his case.

He doesn't want for her homecoming party to be sad or ruin.

He liked her friends, Ryujin and Yuna, but he's terribly awkward to the girls he barely talked to. They were friendly though, they only have to wait before he becomes completely comfortable in their company.

But it was one of them who answered the door.

"Hello Yuna", he said, looking at the girl now wearing a yellow dress who was awkwardly looking behind her.

"Oh hello", she waved as he stood by the door.

"Can I talk to her?", he asked with a smile and she nodded moving aside to let him in the room.

Yuna stopped him before he can fully enter, "Fix this. You better not make her spend her homecoming night upset about something", she told him, slowly giving him a view of the girl lying in her bed, "She have to enjoy this night, it's the least you could do for her"

Just as he began to nod, to promise he'll talk to her, Ryujin made her way up to him with a huge frown.

"Heeseung", she said quite coldly and he got nervous, "What did you do?"

"Let them talk it out. We should go now downstairs and I'm sure Sunny will tell us later", Yuna saved him from an early interrogation from a friend they knew could be scary if Sunhee is hurt.

"Thank you", Heeseung said as the two girls went back down the stairs to give him a space before he closes the door behind him.

He stops by the door for a moment. There's a beautiful periwinkle blue dress hang in the handle of the closet. The owner of it is laying on the bed with her arms covering her eyes.

Had she been crying?

"Sunny?", he asked hesitantly as he stepped closer, "Are you okay?"

Sunhee removed her arm and looked at him, "What are you doing here?", she asked but scooted away to make some space for him.

"You look upset", Heeseung murmured, tracing her cheek and there's a certain witness to it, "I'm sorry"

"Mmm", she hummed and closed her eyes as he started stroking her hair.

"Did I say something wrong?", he asked and she shook her head.

"It's nothing", Sunhee murmured before burying her face in the crook of his neck.

He frowned, "You know you can tell me anything, right?", he said and she sighed, "If I did something wrong, I wanted to fix it and to make it right"

"It's about us", Sunhee admitted and he frowned harder.

"What did I do?", he asked softly while gently running a hand through her hair.

"I keep getting insecure over girls you could meet and upset because why are we still not together? I mean, a label? I'm not rushing you, but I can't stop overthinking things", she said while tightening her arms around his waist.