✗ seven ✗

⚊ chapter seven

It seriously is a challenge to sneak out of the house. You could say I should go out of my window, but my bedroom is on the second floor. The back isn't an option when we had a high above people wall.

The biggest obstacle there is to see were the ones sleeping in the living room.

My heart almost jump then fall as I slipped over someone's shoes and I swear Jungwon sat up faster than a robot could when he heard the noise I made.

He looked around the room just as I crouched down to my knees and it looks ridiculous, silly even if they found me, but I was able to slip past the couches where Sunoo and Ni-ki slept by crawling.

I crawled like a baby would. The things I would do for Heeseung is downright stupid.

"Who is there?", Jungwon asked aloud, the tone of it halting me in my crawl.

My body glued itself to the back of the couch. The beat of my heart is now crazily insane, scared that if he walked around to seach for what he thought is a ghost, but will be disappointed to see a girl out to flirt with their friend.

"Hyung, what is it?", I heard Ni-ki sleepily asks from the couch which back I was glued to.

If they will take a peek to my spot, they would see how I'm freaking red now to the face. I'm curled up to my knees, lying there like a fetus floating in her mother's stomach.

I have my hands now clasped against my chest and I'm wishing to all the saintly things here for my brother not to wake up.

"Didn't you hear it? I heard a noise here, close to the couch you were lying from in fact", Jungwon answered after a moment.

I felt someone moved in this couch and it shaked a bit from the sheer movement of Ni-ko who's shadow is becoming closer to the dangerous sign of catching the culprit of the noise.

"It must just be Jay hyung talking in his sleep", Ni-ki murmured.

"No, it sounds like when someone tripped", Jungwon says, sounding so sure.

I felt that movement again, "Why would someone trip over something? Are you saying there is a ghost here?", Ni-ki chortled.

Nope, only a girl that would be in so much trouble if you see me here, a thought that comes into mind.

Jungwon scoffed, "What if there is? Or what if someone is trying to sneak out?"

"Everybody's sleeping here already", Ni-ki countered back.

Well, there was certainly going to be no getting rid of Jungwon's curiousity right now.

"You see, that's your shoes right there. Last I see it was near Jay hyung's head, not the end of the couch"

Now would be the time for me to melt in this floor and disappear outside. I then hear someone's footsteps moves closer to where I was lying. One. Two. Three. Four.

Closer and closer.

Two more step.

Closer and closer and closer.

One more step.

Only one step more and the road trip is over.

I was almost holding my breath at the anticipation that only one more second, one of their heads would peer over this spot and then they'll make so much noises from so much laughter.

The ending of the night is my brother herding me back to my bedroom.

And before either could do what I'm fearing about, someone's phone is buzzing on the nightstand. Another sleepyhead is waking up and from my hiding spot, it was enough to see it's my brother picking up his phone.