✗ forty two ✗

⚊ chapter forty two

My phone buzzes next to my ear, lulling me from my sleep. I wait for my brother to yell at me to answer the phone call, but then I remember that he'll be away on a date with Kiara.

I roll over and glance at the screen, and a contented smile covers my face.

"Hello Hee", I answer, my voice husky with sleep.

"Morning Sun..", Heeseung murmurs and a chill goes down my spine.

I will never get tired of this. Before the last two weeks after the homecoming party, I hadn't even known it would be possible to be this perfectly happy.

"What's up?", I asks, sitting up on my bed and rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

"Wanna hung out today?", he asks even though he already knows the answer.

"We already did for every single day this week", I teased, "I don't want you to get tired of me too quickly"

"I'm pretty sure that's impossible", I can hear the smile in his voice, "I'm grabbing cheesecake at a coffee shop. I'll be over there in fifteen"

"Okay, but I actually have to homework today", I insist, "It's good that you're going to be here, you can help me"

Heeseung laughs non-committally and hangs up. I can't erase the smile that has been on my face for two weeks now. Two weeks of being together with him.

I thought it would take us some time to figure it out, but he finally put a label on it.

After all this time, we've finally fallen together perfectly.

I jump out of my bed and change out of my pajamas into a short and a tank top before putting my long hair up in a ponytail.

My heartbeat jitters with excitement at seeing Heeseung. I pull out the copy of my books and a stack of my sticky notes and set them on the bed along my notebooks and pens.

As easy as it would be to ignore everything besides Heeseung, I can't let my grades suffer or else my family will see him as a bad influence in my life.

I will never let it happen.

A knock on the door sounds and as soon as it swings open, I jump into his arms for a hug, my feet flying off the floor. He lifts me into the air, peppering kisses over my face and laughing at my enthusiasm.

We untangle from each other and we find ourselves curl up on my bed a little later while munching on my favorite cheesecake. My head lean against Heeseung's shoulder and one of his hands rest on my legs.

"You look cute when you just woke up", Heeseung murmurs, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

I grin at him, eyes crinkling, "You look cute all the time for me"

He plants a kiss on my nose and wraps his arms around me, pulling my head to his chest.

"I wish it will always be like this", In sigh.

Heeseung looks down at me and the smile on his face sends me back in time to the first time I saw him in this house.

I remember looking at the smile on his face. I could tell he was happy then to meet the family of his friend and be welcome into their home. Today I see that happiness reflected back at me.

I'm the reason he's happy. That smile is something I hold precious to my heart.

"Help me study", I finally say, grabbing the back of his flannel shirt and pushing him away from me gently.