✗ twenty five ✗

⚊ chapter twenty five

For the rest of the night, I'm always one step ahead to avoid Heeseung's parents. At the time they headed for my brother's table, I darted out of sight and disappered to where I ended up on Yujin's side.

She enjoyed telling me all about her college adventures. Unfortunately for me, it looks like the parents of the guy I love is everywhere.

Just as she was talking about the time she sneaked out of the dorm, I glimpsed a danger sign of the head of the Lee family. The only lie I could come up to Yujin is that my butt is asking for it's rightful place if you know what I mean.

To the bathroom is off I go.

If someone were to ask me why am I resisting the chance to meet them, I would say one thing.

I'm scared. I'm scared they would not be accepting of me for being younger than Heeseung.

What if they think I would be holding him back? What if they told me to stay from him?

What if they pay me to be gone out of his life?

Stop being dramatic, Sunhee. You're getting ahead of yourself. Think positively.

In my next plan to get away somewhere, I heard the host talking about the dance for the couples. It was nice for a change to see a live band starting a music up the stage and the rest of the people seemed to be alive out of a sudden.

It just so happens that as I was about to search for my parents, Heeseung came to step beside me, looking worn out from all the socializations.

"Wanna go dance?", He asked me, looking out of breath.

I nodded, it's the least I could to let him enjoy this night. My mom had also put me in those dance classes before, saying I needed it in one of these occasions.

There was a singer now singing up there and they were playing tune of Give Me Your Forever by Zack Tabudlo. Heeseung led me to the middle of the dance floor and we started to waltz just as everyone else around us did.

Do you remember
When we were young you were always with your friends
Wanted to grab your hand and run away from them

It felt like we were in the movie as the song started.

"I guess I never thought you would've a chance to get away from your parents", I mentioned as Heeseung twirled me.

"I didn't want to even go here, but since I'll be with you, I attended anyway", he said lowly as we continued to dance the night away in each other's arms.

We didn't say anything afterwards as we danced. As he pulled me closer to his chest, I could feel it though, the beating of his heart, almost the same rhythm as mine.

I knew that it was time to tell you how I feel
So I made a move, I took your hand
My heart was beating loud like I've never felt before

It was a comfortable silence save for the me listening in his heartbeat getting louder every second. Such a gesture was so subtle yet meaningful for me.

We were even dancing intimately for everyone not to see there is nothing between us.

You were smiling at me like you wanted more
I think you're the one I've never seen before

I can't believe this was happening right in front of the other people. As we sway dangerously close to where my brother sat, I caught a glimpse of him having his mouth in a tight line from the corner of my eyes.