✗ thirty two ✗

⚊ chapter thirty two

The days had grown colder and the sunny days got shorter in exchange for the rainy afternoons, and numerous nights where I spent covered like a cinnamon roll in my bed, sleeping peacefully at the middle of some storm.

If I were awake, it takes a lot of reassurance and hugs from my family to keep me sane.

The thunders somehow reminds me of something scary, almost any bite of lightning in the dark sky would make me scream until I cried and passed out.

It was one of those moments where I would dreamt of something that must've been a terror, a nightmare from the depths of my mind, because I would wake up drenched in my sweat and so much consoling would happened between me and my brother.

Sunoo from what I could remember since maybe like I was five, he knew when to turn up in my room during any thunderstorms and again without a fail, he knew when to comfort me, to promise me no one will hurt me again.

That's why I have a feeling he knew more than I let on between Heeseung and I. He knew me better than anyone else in this house.

He decided to confront me about it once and for all, after he had just comforted me about the last rage of storm.

"I know there's something going on between you and Heeseung"

I could feel my inside tie in knots as I tried taking in what he said.

Sunoo and I haven't moved a muscle as I jumped all the way to the end of my bed. There was no way he would scold me, right?

Why had he taken so long before doing this talk?

"How could you have known?", I ask, not thinking before speaking.

I'm too scared to even think properly as I thought of all the worst case scenarios.

"The same reason I could read you like a book and Heeseung isn't really hiding it all", he stated, so sure of himself.

"B-but all this time.. why did you never say anything? What the hell?", I panicked. My mind was spiraling out of control.

"What are you two talking about?"

Sunoo and I quickly turned our heads to see Ni-ki standing by the door with Jungwon and Jay. They had been stuck here for the night since the downpour kept them from going home.

And with one owning a motorcycle, there's no way my mom would let them run into the anger of the weather.

"Uh - nothing. We're just discussing about her nightmare, so go back to my room and leave us the hell alone", Sunoo waved them all out of the room.

Before they do so, Ni-ki looks at Sunoo, almost as if they were communicating with their eyes.

If Sunoo was being serious about his words and they all knew, then it all made sense now. It's why he never left us alone together or always sounding suspicious whenever I said I'm at Yuna's or Ryujin's house.

He knew I've been sleeping over in his friend's house and yet he didn't tell me until today? After almost two months of us in hiding.

"Why don't we go back to pranking Sunghoon?", Jay says, "I could keep pretending in that ghosty beastie voice"

"Let's go. Or we could put his face for an online auction for people to pay us", Jungwon steps in, "Many will want to take him out on a date"

"The last time you did it, you ended up being a candidate for homecoming king", Ni-ki laughed before they were running back to my brother's room.