✗ eighteen ✗

⚊ chapter eighteen

When we exited the hospital, I saw Heeseung in the front door talking on his phone.

He turned as we approached and I could tell he was annoyed at who he was speaking to. His lips were drawn into a tight line and his eyes were dark with frustration.

Was it my imagination or did everything on his face soften a bit as his eyes dropped on me?

"Whatever, just do it, Takagi. Or I'll put you out of the team", He snapped, then pocketed his phone and jerked his jaw for us to follow him in his car.

Ni-ki is still with us, he was the one to bring all the bags of his friends into the back. They said all of them were actually out the streets near our house, they were assigned there by Heeseung to check on my parents.

After I heard it, I was more than impressed at how they were willing to do everything for each other.

The drive back to the Lee's residence was quiet. Heeseung didn't attempt to say anything, not with Ni-ki being there in the front seat beside his. As for my brother, he was already dozing off against my shoulder, looking more like a baby than I.

So I stared out the back-seat window and tried to empty my mind with all the questions I had.

The car thudded to a stop under me making me lift my gaze. Before me was a brown three-storey house with a porch wrapped around it. It was certainly not Heeseung's

"Where are we?", I asked, finally turning into the driver's seat at Heeseung.

Ni-ki's lips twisted into a confusion as he replied, "My house?"

What?

"Your house?", I repeated, "Why am I at your house?"

"Uhh, do I need to explain it to her, hyung?", He questioned to Heeseung, "It's because there's a sudden visit of his brother at their house"

"Oh no.. I mean, that's understandable", I muttered under my breath..

"You thought we'd be going at his home to face his brother? No thanks. You don't know how nothing gets away from his eyes"

A blush warmed my cheeks at Ni-ki's misunderstanding. No, I wasn't disappointed that we'd be going to his house instead. I thought I'd be going there alone with my brother.

Does that mean we'll be with him the whole day?

"Look Sunhee", Ni-ki sounded impatient now, "It goes against every instinct of mine not to tell your family this news. Fuck. I mean this is serious shit and I'm only following what Heeseung wanted to do"

I kind of admired it - even if I should be irritated about his words, I appreciate him doing it for Heeseung.

I angled my body towards Ni-ki as I considered him. His forearm rested on the top of the dashboard as he twisted in my direction. The slight tick of his jaw told me he was irritated.

Guilt and fear battled for dominance in my chest as I tried to make up something.

In the end, there's only one thing I can say to him, "Thank you, Ni-ki"

He's quiet for a while. I smiled at his look on me before he was stepping out of the car and walking ahead into their house with one last word.

"Let's go then, I have to take a shower. Heeseung will know how to get you a room"

Sunoo woked up as if sensing automatically that we arrived and he didn't even remember me as he runs after Ni-ki. I guess he's still too sleepy and excited to find a bed, it was to my laughter that exploded when he crashed against the wall besides the open doorway.