✗ sixteen ✗

⚊ chapter sixteen

Heeseung could barely keep his anger to himself the second his eyes laid on the girl. He could tell by her smile alone to Ni-ki that she hated this.

She didn't go to this party in her own volition.

Sunhee had always been a quiet but nice girl and he never saw her anywhere alone. She was surrounded by her family or her friends.

Either way, it was like she was a princess that needed to be guarded all day. Nobody can blame them, the girl was too innocent and kind to even grow mad with some people, anyone can take advantage of her.

When she looked back at him, her eyes almost forced him to come take her away from that place.

The large brown orbs were so filled with worry that he felt some deep urge to grab her and protect her from everyone.

He grimaced at the thought, his feelings were getting the best of him. Besides, she was sitting in the middle of a crowded room, what's that worst that could happen?

He'll also be gone for only a short while and once the useless race is done, he'll come and bring her home, to safety.

When they were in the back of the building and waiting for the signal of their coach, Heeseung settled himself beside a nervous Ni-ki.

"So what the hell were you thinking in bringing Sunny here?", he spat from his place next to the boy.

"Patience, Lee.. Nothing will happened to that girl. But by the way, guys, who do you think is the hottest one out of the girls who came tonight?", one of the senior players butted in.

Heeseung felt his blood boil at the thought of all of them staring at Sunhee like a piece of meat. If only Ni-ki wasn't one of his closest friends and a younger one at that, he could of have started giving him hell the moment they were out of the girl's sight.

He was slightly glad the boy looked pissed about the comments to the girls but he wasn't letting off the hook yet.

"I vote for #1! Her ass was fucking huge!

"No way man, Park Jay's girlfriend is a doll"

"Yeah, maybe. But the one with Ni-ki is a real cutie"

"The little one? She looks like a little prude, she only smiled at him"

"Those are the best ones, man. The virgins"

Heeseung's shoulder tensed when he realized they were talking about Sunhee. Fuck being Captain and all.

"That girl is off-limits", he said befor he could stop himself.

His voice was low but it cut through the team quickly and everyone turned to look at him.

"Uh", Takagi stared at him for a second, "So the Captain is now wanting girls, huh?"

"I don't care what you say. I'm just telling you all that anyone who lays a finger on that girl is going to get it from me", he said darkly in his voice.

"Listen to him, guys, that girl is off-limits, okay?", Jake seconded.

From beside him, Ni-ki is gulping nervously as all their teammates looked in shock and in fear over their team Captain.

He had never exploded or threaten them before until today and they knew better than not to believe the look of danger in his eyes. The kind you get when you madly and badly want to protect someone

And they could tell that one for him is Kim Sunhee.

The race is over. Ni-ki won for the second time and everyone had stopped talking about Sunhee, so Heeseung is now quiet on their way back to the building.