✗ twelve ✗

⚊ chapter twelve

The first day of my school wasn't eventful to say the least. Most of my classmates were the same from last year save for a few transferees.

Nothing much to do also, the teachers mostly focused on what to expect from their subjects for the whole year. There is only the endless introductions as if we didn't already knew one another, but for the sake of the first day, we still did.

Now that I'm one hour away from calculus, I stepped out of history and stretched against the railings that ran down the footsteps to the ground.

Just as I was about to start my way for the science building, the door to one of the classroom flew open and a large of group guys came falling out.

They were loud and rambunctious during the quiet hours so I stood aside and froze as they passed. They were all pushing each other and shouting back and forth as they head for the quadrangle.

More than a couple heads snapped in my direction and I averted my eyes as a chill ran down my spine. I never liked getting too much attention, especially when I was alone by my own.

Once they passed, I shook off my discomfort and walk down the path to my destination. My worries washed away as I played a music in my ear buds while propelling myself forwards to my next class.

I was so zoned out by the Loving Caliber's voice in my head as I pushed myself further and further to Calculus that I didn't realize someone else had joined me - a large boy ran right next to me, smirking down at my smaller height.

The fright threw me off balance and the next thing I knew I was falling down the pavement. Pain burst through my knee as it slammed onto the concrete and a whimper left my mouth when I attempred to catch myself with my hands.

"Shit, shorty! I am so sorry. I really didn't think you would get that scared"

"Ni-ki?", I grumbled as I turned my music off. I looked at the apologetic boy before me, "What the.. I thought someone was about to push me"

He threw his head back and let out a loud barking laugh, "Uhm I don't think I would be able to push you. Try as I might, two people will kill me if I do"

I start to stretch my leg to assess the damage and cringed at the sharp pain that shot into my knee, "Ouch"

"Shit.. Do you need help? That looks painful"

I think I didn't had a choice but to receive help from Ni-ki. He seemed sincere enough with his offer and there was no way I could walk all the way to my classrook alone.

Nodding my head to him, I reached my hands out for him to grab. Instead Ni-ki reached one arm behind my back and the other under my knees and gently picked me up.

A surprised squeak errupted from me that only provided Ni-ki something to laugh at.

"Hey, don't tell this to your brother or he would trip me himself"

"Should I point out that I wouldn't be in this situation if you greeted me like a normal people?"

"I'd rather have you lying to your brother for me", He retorted.

Smiling, I relaxed, "Well, alright then. I won't"

Being around Ni-ki was surprisingly easy, even given with our closeness right now.

He kept his hands respectfully still, and didn't hold me too close to his body. He walked slowly down the path, chatting easily and talking about his lazy morning.

I contributed a small "hmn" or "Oh really?" and what not and that seemed to satisfy him just fime.

As we rounded a corner, I heard my name being called from a distance. I looked over at Ni-ki's shoulder and saw Heeseung's running to us, with a pair of shows tied by it's laces hanging around his neck and a scowl on his face.