✗ forty seven ✗

⚊ chapter forty seven

I don't know which is more thrilling, falling through great heights or falling for Heeseung.

Both were scary at the same time and both were something I've done.

When we finally got down on the exit platform, my chest is aching from laughing so hard as we collided butt to butt as the zipline slowed down.

I never would have thought I'll go through that and it could bring me joy. I was with Heeseung, however, the big joy in my life right now.

As the instructor removed my harness and I step out of it, I stumble to Heeseung, still dizzy from the great dive. I collide with him, and he catches me in his arms, still laughing.

I fall against his chest, feeling his heartbeat for a moment before I right myself with the help of Heeseung.

When I finally manage to stand up right without an assistance, I'm beaming from ear to ear. I grin at Heeseung, unable to contain how happy I am, unable to contain how happy I am with him.

"See? That wasn't as scary as you thought it'd be", Heeseung says, his hands still on my arms to keep me steady.

My face flushes, "That was terrifying, but once you were there in the middle, it was like I'm on top of the world"

"You just have to stop thinking of the worse and let it go", he says, his eyes glowing with intensity.

His words hit me like the first plunge to that jump, and a chill goes down my spine. Little did he know, I let go of that a long time ago. If that was not the case, then I would say I'm willing to let go of the fears of how he could hurt me.

I forgot my rules before. I let myself fall deeper and I never want to stop.

"Sunny! You actually did it?", my brother's voice is shocked and I break away from Heeseung's gaze to look at him.

I turn to him before running to his side, "I did it! I dived into my fears, brother!"

He laughs and playfully give me a side hug, "I'm so proud of you. Our family have to hear about this later"

I grin, "We should invite them here next time with Dahyun"

"Anyone else up for lunch?", Kiara asks, and I notice how she casually stands close enough to Sunoo, "I'm starving"

The others join the conversation, echoing their agreement, with Ni-ki teasing it will be paid by Jay again while Eunjoo is aggressively nodding beside him.

Unfortunately, the experience itself of the zipline leaves me with a rolling stomach so I have no appetite. I'll just ask for a dessert then, but I follow the rest of the group as we head to the main lodge to grab lunch and take it out the picnic tables outside the building.

As we walks in, Heeseung naturally walks in beside me and glances at my face, worry tinging his gaze.

He squints at me and asks, "You really had fun, right? I don't want to force you into doing something out of your comfort space again"

I muster a smile, "No, you don't have to worry. I actually had a blast. I know I'm going to have fun with you at everything"

His shoulders sag in relief, "Good. It was like the first time I see you smile against one of your fears"

When I smile at him, really smile wider, does he know? Does he see he's the biggest factor in that smile?

"It was fun, I swear. I'm not going for the second round, but maybe next time. For now, I thank you for asking me to try", my eyes fall to the ground, but I slowly raised my gaze back at him.