✗ seventeen ✗

⚊ chapter seventeen

Is this what felt like to be so high?

When my consciousness dragged me to the surface of awareness, I could hear voices around me. They surrounded me like a blanket, enveloping my body with certainty that I'll be safe.

"Sunny.. Sunny? Come on, it's time to wake up, sister!"

My eyelids felt tight and heavy, as though they were sealed and weigh down by some force in my head. I can't response to the person calling to me.

Not to mention there was a tall guy at the end of a tunnel, attempting to make me wake up.

Am I in heaven now?

"Is she always this hard to rouse up from a slumber?", I heard an annoyed voice asked.

"Uhm.. Not really. She can be woken up in just one shake", a much softer voice responded.

"Should I try?", the annoying voice laughed, "Move over. We'll push her to the side in order for her to open her eyes"

Someone else cleared their throat, this one felt so close to me, "Ni-ki, we'd rather have you outside than wake her up with violence"

"Oh, Heeseung hyung, I am not like that to girls"

Heeseung? It's him? Why is he here? Wait... why am I here?

Their voices became clearer and louder as they spoke, as though they were now pulling me back to the present. It rattled around in my brain, pulling me from my slumber no matter how my body begged for more rest.

A harsh white light blinded me as I regained consciousness. I blinked rapidly to clear the fuzzy film of spots that were currently obscuring my view.

"Hey hyungs, Shorty's opening her eyes!"

As everything came around me into focus, the room I was in flashed into my view. A large window. White walls. Aircon. A mini-fridge in the other side of the room. TV screen playing the morning news.

There's also a table and a bag of snacks before my eyes landed into two familiar figures.

The final imaga prompted me to open my eyes wider. Ni-ki was sitting in front of the table and currently munching on a brown bag of bunggeopang while Heeseung sat stiffly in his chair, his eyes were on me.

His hair was rumpled on the top of his head, and he wore the same jersey shirt from the last time I see him. They were wrinkled and creased as though he had been in them for a while

His eyes - that stared intensely back at me - had dark circles underneath them. What are we doing here?

"W-what..", I croaked at him.

Heeseung's brows snapped together at the sound of worry in my voice.

Seriously, why am I in hospital?

A squeezing pressure dropped my attention to my side. It was then that I noticed Sunoo was holding my hand in his. Just as registered the redness of his eyes, he yanked his back.

"Do you know why are we here, shorty?", Ni-ki continued.

I took another glance around. This time, I notice the heart-rate monitor and IV drip next to my bed. Also the bags of my brothers' friends all thrown down near the cabinet.

"Why am I in a hospital?", I wheezed.

"That's right", Ni-ki said with a smile, "Do you know why you were brought here?"

Heeseung's dace stiffened into a more serious look as he nodded for me to answer. Fear prickled my senses as I tried to remember why I was here.

What could have landed me in the hospital that of all people, my brother is only with me? I noticed the lack of our parents as well in this room.