✗ forty six ✗

⚊ chapter forty six

I failed. I failed in my plan to confront Heeseung about his last relationship. Because of this one truth that I couldn't deny.

All it takes is one look at his face after not seeing him for three days and all the courage inside me is crumbling down in exchange for the fear of losing him.

Instead the stupid me becomes a coward dog. Whenever he tried to bring up the subject in hopes of explaining it to me, I always told him we can talk about it another time.

Perhaps I was just trying to avoid the insecurity it could cause me. It was good that way. Some things are better left unheard.

The stupidity brought me to here.

"Happy birthday, Eunjoo!", all of us holler at the top of our lungs, incurring a surprise gasp from the girl.

We waited for her outside her school with her boyfriend's friends, and she was laughing at our surprise. She turns 19 today and in typical Eunjoo style who'd like to try new things since she become more braver after kissing Jay in the mall when they were strangers before, she asked to go try ziplining.

Of course it have to be the one where Jay's heart would fall.

So here we are, carrying bags of food which were paid by the loving boyfriend's wallet and driving a few hours to an outdoor attraction on the top of a mountain.

"Thanks for coming with us", Heeseung says, squeezing my arms in appreciation, "Her friends is not available so bringing you here would make it better for her"

I smiled, "It's okay. Actually, I wanted to get to know her more. Eunjoo-unnie seems so nice"

"Yeah, that's why Jay fell in love too fast even though it's supposed to be fake for a while", Heeseung said with a laugh.

"I can see that. He'll do everything to make her happy", I replied with a bite to it.

The same could be said for me, it's all to earn the look that he's giving to me now - eyes crinkled in a smile, a whiskers in his cheeks, a devastating grin.

Everything I do is to make him happy.

The ten of us decided to bring only two cars with Heeseung's and Jay's to save gas, and it just so happens that Ni-ki and Sunoo were the ones who ends up in the backseat with Jungwon.

We also have another company, one that my brother said is just a friend. How come they were the same shirt then?

I start the car as Heeseung put on the Google maps to guide us to our location. I reach for the radio and Sunoo flies forward from the backseat.

"No way you are going to play your dramatic taste for T-Swift", he exclaims, plugging on his phone and playing Shawn Mendez, "It's time to rise for my broken heart mode"

"Are you even brokenhearted when things were going well for you and that Kiara?", I asks as I remember how he's out of the house every afternoon just to hang out with her.

He kept denying it by saying they were just friends. As if we'll believe it if the girl herself is posting pictures of them out on a date.

"Oh please, don't talk as if she's not here beside me", Sunoo grouses, butt now firmly returned to his seat between Kiara and Ni-ki.

Heeseung laughs, "Play what you want, Sunoo. By the way, have you talk to Kiara now, Sunny?"

Kiara, the girl who finally win my brother's heart, flashes a bright smile, "We're actually messaging each other from time to time"