CHAPTER 1 - night out

It was a calm night in Rome, warm and peaceful, the wind was very calm and comforting. But I felt the complete opposite. My thoughts were everywhere and I definitely didn't want to go out with my boyfriend Lorenzo. He usually goes out with his friends but they were away so he took me with to lead him home. I hated him he has every red flag in the book, but I couldn't escape him. He would find me.

Lorenzo was rich and old, he was old enough to be my father. I dated him for his money so me and my sister could escape my father. Everything changed when my mom passed away he started drinking and being abusive. I wanted to escape, but I didn't have any money. 

My family and I used to live in a small town near Rome. Everything was perfect until the sad incident with my mom, she died in a fire. It had been 6 years since her death, but I miss her everyday.

But now is a Friday night and here I am going to a club against my own will.

Lorenzo was holding my hand I hated it. We walked in club and straight away he walked to the drinks like he always did. H was even scarier when drunk. After a few drinks he was completely wasted. Lorenzo tried dancing but I refused 

- y/n you do what I say- he insisted.

- No I'm tired of you! -  I shouted - that's it I'm leaving!

And I ran off. Even thought Lorenzo was old he was fit, he started chasing me, but I was smaller so I managed to escape the club quite easily. I ran and turned a corner of the building. Then someone called my name, but it wasn't Lorenzo.

-y/n? - a man asked. I couldn't believe it was Damiano, I had missed him so much we used to be neighbours before my family move away after my mother's death. We used to be very close friends and I was very happy to see him, but not now, I couldn't put him in danger.

- Hi Damiano - I said out of breath.

-What happened? - he asked. But I didn't get to answers because Lorenzo was already here.

- y/n! What the hell is wrong with you!-he shouted and I didn't answer, I didn't need to because Damiano answered for me.

- Why are you talking to her like that?

- It's none of your fucking business. She's my girlfriend and I talk to her however I want. Understood? Now step aside. - Lorenzo was even angrier. Now it was my time to speak.

- Leave Lorenzo, I don't belong to you. - I said in a calm tone, but even that was more than I usually say against him.

- Listen. You're coming with me or it's not going to end well.

-Didn't you hear her? - it was Damiano. Thank goodness he spoke I know that otherwise I would have walked with him. - She said "leave" and that's what you're going to do or I'm calling the police.

Without saying a word Lorenzo left. Wow I didn't expect him to leave so quickly. Now that Lorenzo left I took a closer look at Damiano. Now he was way taller than me, the last time I saw him we were the same height even though he's a year older than me. I was 14 so nothing to expect. Overall he looked so much more mature of course, but still very attractive even more attractive than I remember.

He broke away the silence - so he's your boyfriend? - he asked and I nodded not knowing what to say - not very good one I'd say - I nodded again.

- Do want me to take you home? - he asked me.

- I... - I stammered, because I didn't know what to say. I didn't have anywhere to go I didn't want to go back to Lorenzo especially not now. It seemed that he read my mind and said.

- Let's go to my car, it's cold here. - it wasn't cold at all, but knew what he wanted to do and I agreed. We walked to his car and he sat at the drivers seat and and I sat at the passenger's seat.- y/n I'm going to take you to my apartment for tonight I'm not gonna leave you in this situation. And in the morning you can decide what you want to do next.

- Oh Damiano, this is too much. I'm fine living with Lorenzo. - it was a lie and he knew it, if what he saw tonight wasn't clear enough the bruises on my arms told the truth. I was about to open the car door when locked it. 

- I insist.- Damiano said it a firm, but also sweet tone.

- Thank you so much - I thanked him and he started driving.

I finally felt relaxed for the first time in a very long time. It was dark out, but the street lights were turned on so it wasn't dark. We drove for 30 minutes until we reached a fancy apartment building when we got out I said:

- So this is where Damiano David lives now? - I said.

- Of course. What did you expect? - he teased me and I laughed it off.

We went in, the inside of the building was very nice, it was clean. Both of us got in the lift Damiano pressed the button, the doors closed and started going up. We got off the lift when we stopped. Damiano unlocked the grand doors of his apartment and we walked in it was dark here, but Damiano turned on the light as soon as we walked in.

- What do you think? - he asked.

- I like it, it's cosy in here - I said when I looked around - do you live alone?

- yes. - he answered shortly - what did you expect?

- Well... a roommate or a... girlfriend - I said looking out the window,  I didn't want to make eye contact.

- I see... I used to share this place with someone... My girlfriend... but we broke up... 5 months ago actually. - Damiano talked.

- I'm sorry. - I said trying to look sad.

- Don't worry. I'm happy it ended she was  with me for the wrong reason. But let's change the subject. - he said quickly. - are you hungry?

- Not really - then we started talking about other things and it so much fun to talk to him again, I had missed him so much. In the time we also exchanged contacts.

- it's getting pretty late - he said after a while yawning.

I checked the time 02:31 - you're right. - answered

Damiano then led me to the guest bedroom where I'll be sleeping and gave towels and a shirt to sleep in. He was so kind and at this moment I appreciated him so 

_________________________________________________________

This was the first chapter I hoped you enjoyed it ;)

I had so much fun writing it so if you liked it I would love if you would leave some feed-back and voted for it.

Next chapter coming soon