CHAPTER 22 - reporter

a/n I'm choosing a name for my next fic and these are top 3: Chalara, Eclipse, Meridian. Which one you like the most? Thank you for your help. :)

Posted: 4th February 2023

Late February  2021

Lately (in the past few months) I have not only been doing modelling, but also different various things; hosting tv shows, interviewing show participants and celebrities etc. so it wasn't usual when I got a phone call offering to host.

"Hello." I greeted the person on the other while pressing my shoulder to my head to free my hands.

"Good afternoon, is it y/n y/l/n I'm talking to?"

"Sure is." Today I got a free biscuit from a coffee shop nearby, so I was in a cheerful mood.

"We have a job offer in tv program. Are you interested?"

"I'd like to hear more details, but yeah." I started wandering in my apartment.

"Great. We'd like for you to be one of the host for 2021's Eurovision."

My jaw dropped,

"What?! Are you serious."

"One hundred percent."

"Yes. Yes, I have never taken a part in such a huge event before."

My heat was jumping up and down with joy. It was incredible, if I take a part in Eurovision even as a host it will open my doors for so many opportunities.

We continued to talk about the specifics and she told me that I'll have to arrive to Rotterdam on May 1st. I already knew that the next few months will feel so exhaustingly long.

Right the moment when I hung up the the phone and started walking to the kitchen to brew tea (I have picked up a few British habits) Sofia entered the apartment.

"Y/n! I'm home!" Falling shoes could be heard from the entryway.

"Sof I'm here. I have the most amazingly wonderful news to share!"

"Okay, okay, I'll wash my heads first."

Footsteps were heard as I grabbed another cup to make tea for her too.

Bit later we were sitting on our living room couch, each holding a cup of raspberry tea at hand.

"Spill it, you're about to explode." Sofia teased.

"Okay, okay," I took a deep breath. "I'm-going-to-host-this-year's-Eurovision!"

"That's amazing!" My sister squealed placing down her mug. I said it so fast I don't even know how she managed to catch any of it. "I'm so proud of you."

"Cheers! I couldn't believe it when I first heard it."

"You definitely deserve it y/n"

"Thanks. There's also one more thing."

"What?" She asked with curiosity in her voice.

"They said I could bring one person with me for support."

"What?! That's so amazing I can't wait-"

In interrupted her. "So I decided to bring that old elderly neighbour of ours."

The smile from her face quickly got replaced by an irritated look.

"You tosser." She nudged me. "Not funny."

"Sorry, of course I'm bringing you with me. Don't be a baby about it."

For the next few hours we sat talking about how excited we were for the trip and all the things we want to do. It was amazing.

6th March 2021

As true Italians at heart me and Sofia watched Sanremo's festival like every year. Everything went normal until,

"Isn't that-" Sofia started.

I cut her off, I didn't want to hear her say his name, or their band's on any of their's. Surely I shouldn't be upset with others it was all him, but I still felt hurt. It hurt to talk or even think about them. 

"Yep." And we got back to watching the show.

After all, what were the chances of them getting picked out of all people?

Well... apparently really high because they just had to win, of course they had to go to Eurovision and of course it has to be the year I'm hosting.

But of course I'm not losing the opportunity just because they're going to be there. I'll just have to suck it up. There will be a lot of people and a lot to do, we'll barely even see each other, not even talking about talking to one another. It will be just fine.

After they were announced the winners Sofia looked at me anxiously.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yes," I plastered a smile on my face, "why wouldn't I?"

"Well maybe be-"

"Look. I don't want to talk about it. I'm fine."

 I'm fine.

Next post: 11th February 2023 - 4th April 2023