CHAPTER 2 - breakup

i woke up and when I opened my eyes I had forgotten that I'm at Damiano's house. I turned on my phone to check the time it was 11:58. How did I sleep for so long? But that wasn't the only thing I noticed, I had a million texts and missed calls from Lorenzo, I didn't want to look at them. There also was a message from Damiano. He had sent me a message too, his one wasn't a threat, I opened it "Good morning sorry i left you like that, you were sleeping and I had to go. eat whatever you find."

It felt weird being in someone else's apartment without them. I layed in bed for few minutes before waking up thinking what should I do now. Thoughts weren't rolling in my head so decided that I should eat. Only now I though that I wasn't aloud to eat anything I wanted in a long time. Lorenzo always controlled my diet that I didn't even want. It felt nice even though it was such a small thing. You only think about those things when you lose them.

I made myself scrambled eggs with toast and coffee. Because it was warm out I decided to have breakfast in the balcony. My jaw dropped, the view was amazing. I didn't even know we were so close to the sea. Yesterday my mind was so full I didn't even acknowledge the sound of the breaking waves. The sound was so calming, I felt so relaxed.

But the moment got ruined by a phone call. Of course it was Lorenzo. I don't what happened to me, but I answered it. "WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU" what a nice greeting I thought. " It doesn't matter" I said "I've been waiting for you all night you rat!" His voice made me angry. He always ruined everything. "Of course you're with that guy""I repeat it doesn't matter because we're breaking up" I said firmly " oh so that's how we're talking? Fine all your finances a cut! You're gonna be broke and homeless"" OKAY I DON'T CARE!" I yelled it didn't feel like. And then he hung up.

I was proud of myself for finally ending things with him. But at the same time I felt so scared, I didn't have much money and nowhere to live. Previously I was fully living of Lorenzo. I didn't want to, but I had to admit. I had nothing.

I couldn't hold my emotions I felt a warm tear rolling down my face. I tried to hold in my tears, but I couldn't. I came in back inside and started crying. Then I remembered all the anger I had for my father too. At that moment I was so angry. I started sobbing uncontrollably.

Then I heard the doors unlocking. No! I didn't want Damiano to see me cry. I held back my tears and walked to the guest room. When Damiano walked in he called my name "y/n I'm here." I didn't answer, I knew he will know that I cried because of my cracking voice.

I heard him walk around the apartment. I was trying to hide the fact that I cried before, but I didn't know what to do. Damiano knocked on my door "can I come in? I know you're awake." "Sure" I said. Why did I do that? Damiano entered the room, when he saw me he came closer without saying a word and hugged me, his look softened. He saw that I was upset. His hug was so gentle and soothing.

"What's wrong?" He then asked. "I don't know what I'm doing with my life to be honest." He remained silent letting me talk. Damiano sat me on the bed and sat beside me."I'm very happy that I broke up with Lorenzo, but to be honest I don't know what to do"he was still listening not saying a word."I have nothing right now." I continued " my father is an abuser, my sister is living with my aunt on the side of the country, I just broke up with my boyfriend who was my only support, I have very little money and no place to live." I then started crying uncontrollably again.

'Y/n you can stay here as long as you need to" Damiano said in a very serious and soft tone."you sure? I don't wanna be trouble and weight on your shoulders" I probably said that because in my past relationship I always felt worthless and useless.

"I don't know who told you that you're weight on the shoulders." Even thought I hadn't seen him in 5 years it felt like no time has passed and I felt comfortable with him. "You don't know how much I appreciate you Damiano" I said smiling. And Damiano gave me a hug again.

After awhile Damiano got up "I'm hungry let's go get something to eat." I was in a better mood so I agreed. We decided to make chicken with vegetables. Damiano seasoned the chicken and I chopped up some vegetables."why didn't you ever call or texted me after moving? I tried to get into contact with you."I didn't expect this question from him."I couldn't. My father never payed for my phone bill." Damiano didn't say anything it was just awkward silence. I felt bad for not being in contact with him.

" What have you been up to?" I then asked trying to change the subject."Well, me and the others finally formed a band, so we've been busy." I was so happy to hear that, I could always see that they were really good."Wow, I'm so happy for you."

When we finished making and eating food I though that I could try to get my stuff from Lorenzo, so I texted him."tomorrow I'm coming to get my stuff". Then I turned to Damiano who was browsing his phone."can I ask you a favour?""sure what is it?"he asked. "I was thinking maybe you could drive me to Lorenzo's house?" he looked at me concerned. "To get my stuff nothing else" I then added quickly. "You think it would be a good idea? Well... I hope you know what you need to do. Okay I'll drive you there." "Thank you so much Damiano" I came closer to him and hugged him, Damiano also kissed my forehead.

After that we chatted for a little while and went to sleep.

I was so nervous to see Lorenzo, but the need for sleep was much harder so I fell asleep almost immediately.

_________________________________________________________

Hope you're enjoying the story so far.

I'm having so much fun writing it. Please tell me if you find any mistakes. Thanks.

If you're enjoying the story so far please vote and comment.

Next part coming soon.