CHAPTER 19 - bar

Posted: 9th January 2023

I found a bench for me to sit on. I opened my phone and started looking browsing for rentable places.

It felt like I looked at a million places before I found a decent one, so I called them, but to my unluckiness the add was old and the place was no longer available. The search continued and I finally found a place that was up for renting. 

I called a taxi to come and get me and drive me to my apartment.

The lady who was renting it seemed nice and the place itself wasn't that bad. It was nothing special; one bedroom, 9th floor with a broken elevator, a few rats here and there, for the kitchen window to open you had to wobble it before turning, for the bedroom radiator to work you had to kick it twice in the morning around 7 o'clock and the best part; you have turn on the sink in the kitchen, then flush the toilet quickly twice then turn off the sink for the shower to turn. But overall it wasn't that bad. It felt fresh and felt... my own.

Next on my to do list was calling the moving company, I gave them my address so now  they had a specific place to bring the stuff to.

Only  now I had noticed that Damiano had called me, only once. He definitely didn't care about me that much to even call me more than once.

I wasn't stupid so I didn't call him back.

A few days later

My first week at work had just finished. I felt exhausted. I slumped down on the bus seat and breathed out heavily. Who knew modeling could be that difficult? 

'Y/n?' I jumped at the sudden call for my name, I turned around and saw a familiar face.

'I thought it was you, Hi.'

'Hey Luke.' I scooted over. 'Come sit.'

'What brings you on this bus?' he inquired.

'Work, home.' I felt exhausted, I was too tired to form normal sentences. 'You?'

'Girlfriend, bar.' He didn't seem in the mood too.

'I'm sorry, but this needs a bit more explanation.'

'My girlfriend dumped me, so I'm going to a bar to get a drink.'

'Mind if I join?'

'What happened to you?'

After he asked this I drowned in my thoughts. I was at Damiano, the whole band actually, I was stressed about my stuff still not arriving, my shitty apartment and work.

'Y/n?' I was woken up.

'Stuff.'

'Stuff...' he trailed off. 'I have stuff too.'

'Everyone has stuff...' I started thinking again.

'Well if we're getting a drink that's our stop.'

'Great.' I said with fake enthusiasm.

We stepped out of the bus and started walking. I barely knew Luke, but somehow trusted him not to bring me to place where I'm going to get murdered.

He led to a very cozy pub. It was very old and British. 

We hung out coats on the coat rack and found seats at the bar.

The bar tender came up to us 'What would you like?'

'A shot of vodka for me.' Luke said.

'And I'd like a shot of Brandy.'

'What kind?'

'Doesn't matter,' we said at the same time.

After we finished our drinks we decided to get what the other got, then then we each had the vodka again, then the brandy after that we had rum and returned to vodka. After each drink our conversation turned deeper and deeper.

My apology for once again no Damiano content, but I promise it's coming soon.

Next post: 15th January 2023 - 8th February 2023