CHAPTER13 - offer

[few weeks later]

Me and Damiano are making lasagna as I get a notification on my phone. I turn my head to my phone and took a glance at it.

"What is it?" Damiano asked.

"I don't." I responded. "I need to wash my hands first, then I can look."

I washed my hands and after that I grabbed my phone to open the message and started reading while Damiano was looking at me waiting to hear what it is about.

Not long after I lifted my head with a serious expression. "It's a job offer." I said.

"Isn't that great?" Damiano asked me confused.

"Yes, that's awesome." I said and smiled. "But the problem is that they want me to go to London for a few years and only after come back to Italy." I explained.

"Well..." Damiano didn't know what to say." What's the job anyway?" Damiano asked as he was putting some sauces on.

"Modelling." I replied.

"Since when do you want to be a model?" Damiano asked curious.

"To be honest it was never my dream, the agency found me themselves." I said.

"Really?" Damiano asked impressed.

"Yeah, they saw some photos of me on band's Instagram and decided to contact me." I explained.

"But I don't want you to go to London." Damiano complained.

"I don't want to go too." I whined.

"Then decline the offer." Damiano suggested.

"That may be the best for me." I agreed. "I don't really want to be alone in a foreign country."

"So what are you going to do?" He asked.

"Decline." I replied confidently. "I'll call them right now." I said before walking off.

"Do what's best for you!" Damiano shouted.

"Okay!" I replied loudly.

I called the agency and told them that I'm going to accept their offer.

[a week later.]

I wake up in Damiano's hands and carefully left the bedroom. Today was my sister's birthday. I couldn't believe my little sister is turning 18 this year.

A few weeks ago I ordered a plane ticket to surprise her.

She was living with our aunt, our aunt is a nice, but a very busy woman, she has 5 kids of her own and a grape farm so she doesn't have as much time for Sofia as much as she deserves.

Damiano already knew that I'm leaving today so I didn't need to inform him. I calmly made myself breakfast, got ready to go out, called a taxi and left.

"Good morning." I greeted the driver as I was sitting down in my seat.

"Good morning to you too." He responded while starting the car. "To the airport right?"

"Yes." I confirmed and we went off.

While he was driving me we had a small talk about the weather and similar stuff.

"Thank you very much." I thanked the driver as he was closing his car boot. 

"You are very welcome." He replied and left.

I turned around to face the airport. I was so exited to finally see Sofia after all this time. It's been almost two years since we last saw each other. After I turned eighteen and moved out we haven't seen each other since.