Owl man (Chapter 23)

When she finished her story I looked at her sadly. She's been through so much pain. " I have to fight Jellal. I have no choice. I have to do it." I felt my heat sink, poor Erza. " maybe it's just me, but for some reason, The name Zeref sounds familiar." I deadpanned at him, " really great already forgot? Remember lullaby? Zeref was the one who created it." His face lit up with remembrance. " I never mentioned it, but I suspect Deliora was a demon from the book of Zeref as well." Grays eyes went wide at this. " if this wizard is as evil as you say, then why would Jellal want to resurrect him?" Erza turned around, clearly frustrated. " I don't understand his motives either. However, my old friend Sho said something to me about Zeref getting them to heaven. And when that happens, the world will be reborn, and they'll become its rulers." Lucy out a hand on her chin, thinking. " OK, there's one thing that confuses me about these people who claim to be Old friends of yours. Why are they accusing you of betraying them? Don't they realize Jellal's The bad guy here?" Erza shook her head, " it's not their fault. I'm sure he fed them all sorts of lies about me once I left. That doesn't change the fact that I abandoned them so long ago. In the end, I guess you could say I did betray them." I looked at my feet, my attention span failing me. Ok so he wants to resurrect Zeref so they can all go to heaven. Apparently he was once a really good person, so why the sudden change? Was he secretly always that way? Or is there something else manipulating him? Aghhh my brain hurts. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Sho walk in. " sister, that's not true. Why? Why are you lying to them?" Erza looked back at him, shocked. " do you think by making yourself the martyr, you're going to get sympathy from your friends? Tell them the truth! That's not how it happened, and you know it! You blew up the boats we were going to use to escape. And then you left on your own. We would've ended up at the bottom of the sea if it hadn't have been for Jellal! He saved us. He warned us not the trust wizards like you, who haven't learned to use their magic properly. He said that you would become drunk with magical power, and you didn't want anything to do with your past or the people you left behind!" I felt kind of bad for him, the betrayal he must have felt. The sadness, thinking someone you loved didn't care about you. " did you ever think he might be lying?" Gray asked, Sho's face flattered slightly. " if you truly knew Erza, then you'd know she'd never do something so horrible." He took a step back, his eyes wide. Erza looked down at the floor. " you only think you know her. You weren't there back then. You don't know anything about us! After you left, Jellal's words were my only salvation. And that's why I spent all these years working to finish the tower for him. I did it for his sake. Now you're trying to tell me it was all a lie?" Tears tan down his face, body shaking. " you really expect me to believe you're telling the truth and Jellal's been lying to us this whole time?" That's when the deep voice spoke up. I turned to see him appear behind Juvia. Simon was his name I think. Gray stalked towards him but Juvia stopped him. She explained how he knew it was an ice decoy and didn't want to hurt them. " i'd expect no less to remember of phantoms element four." He said, jeez why is he so tall? " I don't understand." Simon looked at shoe, " I had a fool you and the others into thinking I killed him, but I'd hope our attack would lure them here." Shia face contorted to anger. " so you were lying too? How could you do that to me?" Simon walked over to him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. " i'm sorry. Jellal had you under his spell, and I couldn't convince you otherwise. So I played along until the time was right." Erza looked up at him, a faint smile at her lips. " so you knew all along." Simon turned to her, a soft looked in his eyes. " i've always believed in you, Erza. And there's nothing that could change that. I mean those words from the bottom of my heart." The took each other's hand, smiling brightly. They hugged one another. I couldn't help but smile at this. " I never knew. I can't believe I blindly followed him all these years. I doubted you' cause you left me all alone! You have no idea how much that hurt!" He punched the ground, crying loudly. " I don't know what to do! I don't even know which one of you I should believe anymore!" Erza walked forward, kneeling next to him. " I know it must be difficult to take all of this in at once. But Sho, there's something that you should know. Though it's been many years, I have never once forgot about any of you." She pulled him into a tight hug. " i'm sorry I couldn't stand up to him. But I was so weak back then. Please forgive me." Simon turned back to look at us. " I waited all these years for this very moment, when a group of powerful wizards would gather here." I smiled and leaned back on the table. " so what do you have planned?" Lucy asked, " we're going to take down Jellal. We can do it if we work together. But first, we must keep salamander and Wally from clashing."