Self Sacrifice (Chapter 29)

Erza was sweating, her body shaking under the pressure. "That's 198." She added another. "199." And another, her chest heaved, I held her hand tightly. "You can take some of my magical energy Erza. It's not strong like yours but it might help." She shook her head and I furrowed my eyebrows. " there's still not nearly enough to destroy them all at once." She lost her balance, almost falling to her knees. I caught her in my arms. Firmly pressing my hand to her back. "Take some, now!" She looked at me, shocked at me raising my voice. She grunted but finally complied. I closed my eyes, willing my magic energy into her. I could feel my body getting weaker and I gritted my teeth. She pulled away from me and smiled. "That's enough thank you." I glared at her but didn't argue. " I still need to conjure another 100 swords, To destroy all the lacrimae." My heart pounded in my chest when a voice rang out. " hey, fairy Tailers! Can you hear me? Things aren't looking so good for us. Check out what's floating in the sky." Warren? " we're gonna have to pull together. So get off your butts and lend us a hand. If any of you are still fighting just give it a rest for a second." What is he planing? " now listen carefully. Those lacrimae up there are part of a spell call the thunder palace. Laxus is using it to threaten the entire town. So we have to take it out before he can set it off. We don't have much time, so we have to work together." I smiled, Warren you don't of a gun. " wait a minute, how did you find out about the thunder Palace Warren?" Erza asked and I nodded my head. " yeah, I was wondering that too." That's when I heard Grays voice. " i've never been happier to hear your guy's voice. I was worried about you two." I smiled, of course Gray was behind this. " Gray. I see. So you were the one who told him."

" yeah. Would've happened sooner, but I had to track the guy down." That's when everyone realized all the girls weren't stone anymore. We honestly probably should have found a way to tell them. " there's one problem, my telepathy can't reach all the way to the guild hall. So we'll have to make do with the people who can hear me. If we work together, we can do this!" That's when I heard Max's voice. " hold it right there Warren! Why should I do what you say after what you did to me?" Oh great, bad blood. " oh, Max, hey, I'm sorry about that. I swear it wasn't anything personal. I was just desperate to save the girls." That's when people started arguing. I sighed, annoyed at they way they were acting. "Everyone shut up!" I yelled, quickly everyone was quite. I took a deep breath. "Are you kidding me? Are we all really arguing over this right now? We have a few minutes until the whole town is demolished. Me and Erza really need your help. So pull your head out of your ass and do something!" Everything was still for a second. My words sinking in. " we are a guild, we work together. We don't fight, we don't argue, and if we do we do it when we're not trying to save lives. Now will you help us or not?!" I heard Lucy sigh in relief, I smiled, hearing her. " what's it gonna be guys? You heard the lady. You gonna let a newbie show you up like that?" I rolled my eyes at Canas words, snickering lightly. Everyone calmed down and was ready. Erza smiled at me. "Thank you Y/n." I shook my head. Waving a hand dismissively. " i'll take the 200 to the north. Everyone else can take the rest, we can do this." Jeez guess I'll go over here and do my thing. I quickly made an automatic gun. Ready to shoot those things down. I aimed, shooting my gun at all the lacrima in sight. I watched as all of them around us exploded. I smiled at Erza before feeling electricity all around me. I grunted as my body was engulfed in it. I started to fall when I felt strong arms catch me. I looked up to see Gajeel. "Hey birdie, you alrighty?" I smiled at him, laughing lightly. "Yeah, yeah I'm good." He looked slightly shocked at me. "I thought you would be more angry to see me." I shrugged, patting his shoulder lightly with a chuckle. "Nah, no hard feelings. You were doing what you thought was right for your guild master. I was angry at you but, I've come to terms with it." He furrowed his eyebrows at me before scoffing. "Yeah yeah, now where's Laxus?" Of course he's looking for that bastard. I pointed towards the cathedral. "Him and Natsu should be fighting at the cathedral." He smirked before setting me down gently. "Thanks Birdie, I'll see you later." He took off towards the church making me laugh. Are all dragon slayers like this? Or just the ones in Fairytail? " is everybody OK? I can't believe all of you. How could you do something so reckless?"
I giggled lightly, holding my stomach. " oh come on, we can't let you do it alone Erza." She laughed, a beautiful sound I loved to hear. " we really do you make a great guild, don't we?" I closed my eyes, humming in agreement. " would be a lot better if Laxus would outgrow his rebellious stage." I laughed hysterically at what Macao said. It really would, wouldn't it? I placed my hands on my stomach and basked in the sun light. It felt nice on my skin. 'Maybe I'll take a little rest.'

*********

"Thanks to Porlyusica's help, The master is gonna pull through just fine. So don't worry. He'll back to work in no time." I sighed in relief when I felt someone sit next to me. I turned to see Gajeel and smiled. His body was bandaged and he had a crutch. "Good job defeating Laxus. I think you'll be a great addition to our guild." He just glanced at me and scoffed. "Of course I am." I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my seat. I turned to Lucy and Gray. " thank goodness. I got to admit I was getting a little worried." I nodded my head in agreement and Gray put his hand on my head. "Ah, come on, it'll take more than that to make Gramps kick the bucket." He rubbed my hair making me pull away and glare at him. He just laughed at me. " well, he isn't as young as he used to be. So any added stress to his heart could significantly affect his health." Too bad he's the master of this guild, we put lots of stress onto the poor man. " let's be in our best behavior K?" We all yelled in agreement, I laughed at our synchronization. " I don't know if it's such a good idea to do the Fantasia parade after everything that's happened." Mira walked up, a sweet smile on her face. " but the master wants us to do it. Besides, it's the perfect way to cheer everyone up after all that mess." Juvia clasped her hands together, smiling brightly. " I can't wait to see what you all have in store for the parade." I looked at her and smiled. " you're in it with us too." She blushed, looking shocked. I laughed and took her hand into mine. " well you are a member now so it's only natural you're in the parade." She smiled brightly and took my hands in hers. Laughing. At least she's not trying to kill me. " does that mean we're going to be in it too?" Lucy said, pulling me by the arm. " well, yeah, we need all the people we can get. Especially since we're not gonna be able to use those two." I turned to see him pointing at Natsu and Gajeel. Both bandaged head to toe. " screw you and your parade." Gajeel said, Natsu tried to pipe in but was muffled by his bandages. I laughed at this, finding it very amusing. Gajeel and Natsu began to argue. Of course he can understand what he's saying. I heard footsteps and turned to see Laxus. I put a hand on my hip. So he's finally here to see Gramps. Everyone glared as he made his way in. " where is the old man?" Everyone refused to tell him where Gramps was. I rolled my eyes at this, sighing before approaching. Everyone stopped and watched as I walked up to Laxus. "He's in the infirmary, now go visit your grandfather. Oh, and try to not be an ass." He gave me a firm nod and began to walk to the infirmary. I heard Natsu's muffled yelling. He jumped in front of Laxus and I was done with the fighting. I quickly grabbed Natsu and dragged him by the ear. " Will you give it a rest? You already endured now sit.down." I pushed him into a chair and he glared up at me, I returned the favor and saw him shiver. Laxus walked away, putting a hand up. I smiled at the action. " all right everyone, let's get ready for the Fantasia parade!" Erza called making everyone cheer. I'm really excited for this one.

*******

(Insert photo)

That night was so much fun

That night was so much fun. I stood on a float, throwing glitter into the air. My eyes caught onto a familiar man, Laxus. We made eye contact and I smiled, sending ours guild hand signal towards him. His eyes went wide when he saw it. His lip trembling. He smiled back and sent the signals. I smiled, turning away from him. I looked at Erza, smiling before we twirled around each other. Transforming into different clothing. My weapon had a ribbon on the end. Me and Erza dancing with each other, our ribbons intertwining. I spotted a young girl with a "blacksmith mage" dress on pointing me out to her mom. I smiled and grabbed a flower from our float, throwing it to her. She caught it and looked at me with sparkling eyes. I winked and continued to dance around the float, me and Erza in perfect sync. We held up the sigh for Laxus once more. I giggled knowing I did this too him earlier as well. I was hoping he still saw this. " all right guys! Who's proud to be a member of fairytale!?" I smiled and put a hand up.

"Yeah!" I love this place!

(Done with season 1!!! Uhhh what!? Already 🥹)