26

- quality over quantity -

when people say, "new year, new me," just doesn't add up. how are we supposed to notice or realize that we're going to change ourselves? how is it possible to accept someone's new personality that "the one you once knew is gone." it's not like the saying of "new year, new me," is a bad thing. we wouldn't know how we change ourselves until someone pointed one, "you've changed," and we would be in denial by saying, "how?" or "you don't even know me."

how do we even know that we've changed..

the new year celebration with everyone that they love and holds onto dearly, was something that they wished the time stops there. for once, the smiles stayed for the longest time of all.

suguru and satoru messing around with mikey and draken. shoko tried getting along with yuzuha, emma and hinata. y/n having a chat with baji, mitsuya, chifuyu, hakkai and takemichi. most of toman members are here to celebrate new year.

each of them wrote their own wishes on ema. something that they'd like to keep it hidden and doesn't want anyone else to know.

"Y/N-SAN!! YOUR CLASSMATES KEEPS MAKING FUN OF MY HEIGHT!!" mikey's voice interrupted their chat. it made the group to face mikey right away but trying to hold their laughter.

"CLIMB ON DRAKEN!" y/n replied back at mikey. apparently, mikey did so.

"hAH! I'm the tallest now!" mikey cheered — proudly to himself.

"please just agree with him," draken whispered to satoru and suguru. the yin yang duo laughed, wiping the tears from the corner of their eyes, agreeing with mikey that he's the tallest indeed.

mikey gets down, once his feet touches the ground, it is the time for the countdown.

(oh damn that rhymed).

after the countdown, it is official that the date now is January 1st 2006. there is more things to come and a long way to go. there's people who has plans ahead and some expectations to make it become reality and some just.. want things to end already..

"y/n-san," mikey called in a whisper. y/n only turned her gaze to look at him, raised an eyebrow to let him continue — from what she can tell is that mikey's voice sounded serious.

"you didn't take the time to visit your big bro, do you?" he proceeded to ask.

'oh right.. he doesn't know..' y/n realized.

in response, y/n nodded. "not quite ready to visit him after I simply left, I guess," she added with a shrug.

"it'll take some time," mikey stated, patting her shoulder with a smile and y/n only hummed as a reply.