Chapter 27 - High Tea

ABIGAIL

Didier's muscles flex as he sets up tables and I can't help staring at them for longer than necessary. Later on, those muscles will be covered by formalwear, but they are etched in my memory from last night.

When we said we would take things slowly, we weren't joking. After some dates and spending time together out of work, it was only natural that things would turn intimate. I don't have great experience in the lovemaking department, but last night was dreamy. Didier was careful and tender. I don't doubt there's also raw passion in him and I'm sure it will show in due time, but I couldn't wish for a better first time with him.

"Stare a little longer and I'm sure the buttons will fly out with the power of your gaze."

"Oh, fuck off, Thomas!" I say to my brother, who just laughs.

After taking a deep breath and trying to ignore Didier's body, I continue setting up decorations. I feel more at ease since my family knows we are together, but I can't permit myself to be unprofessional during an event.

"Are you okay?" I ask Thomas, who looks worried while scrolling his tablet.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just going through the list and realizing the caterer should have been here fifteen minutes ago," he looks out of a window, but no new supplier vans have arrived. "I'm also missing Amber's flowers."

"Maybe they are stuck in traffic. You know how hectic it can get on this side of the town on a Saturday afternoon."

"You are right. I had a short night of sleep and I'm not thinking straight. Marissa said something earlier about taking a different route."

Not trying to see everyone else's situation through my lens, but I suspect the reason of his short night of sleep the moment Marissa arrives to bring her order. His concerned face lights up and he grins before greeting her with a kiss. I'm happy my stupid brother has seen the light because Marissa is perfect for him.

While they chat, his phone starts ringing. He excuses himself and I point Marissa to the place we want the trays of petit fours, eclairs and miniature tarts displayed.

"Morgan Events, this is Thomas... Are you serious?... And this just happened?... What am I supposed to do then?... I know it's not your fault, and I'm really sorry this happened, but now I'm left without catering... Calling around? It's a freaking Saturday! Whoever was not contracted already is probably off... If you know of anyone send them to me then... Yeah, I expect a full refund when your insurance pays off."

Thomas hangs up and closes his eyes while taking a deep breath. He then types a hurried message.

"Tommy, is everything okay?" I ask and Marissa stops setting up the sweets on the table.

"The caterer had a fire in their building and it damaged their equipment, van and the prep work they did for us. I just messaged Will and Jimmy, because something tells me we will need all the help we can get to figure how to make food before the first guests arrive in three hours," he rakes his fingers through his hair while he thinks.

"I can stay and help," Marissa tells me, since Thomas is again on his phone.

"Thank you, Marissa. Let's see what he wants to do next when he hangs up," I say, and she nods.

Marissa gives me a hand setting the tables and not even fifteen minutes later, my other brothers arrive with company. London and Will have been at my place for dinner a few times, but I don't know who is the handsome guy who came with Jimmy.

"What is the urgency?" Will asks. "Tommy only said I need help in the message and pinged this location."

"I got the same message," Jimmy says.