2. Miracle

''Thank you.'' She said before I could give the pen back to her.

But I just couldn't move. I froze. There was so much going on in my mind but I couldn't put any of it to words.

Until Yuri nudged me to bring me back to my senses.

''Uh, sorry.'' I said while pulling myself together and handing her the pen. She just smiled and walked by continuing the conversation on her phone.

Is it really her ? If it is, why now ?
My mind was wandering through countless thoughts when Yuri interrupts them.

''Lee rang-nim ? Are you alright ? Who was she, do you know her ? And are you..... Are you crying ?''

''Yuri you should go back

''Yuri you should go back. I have some things to do.'' I said trying to control my emotions.

''But what about meeting Ji ah ?''

''She isn't important right now.'' Saying that I abruptly leave. I could hear Yuri calling my name but her voice slowly faded as I walked further and let my thoughts get the best of me.

I don't know if she's actually y/n or not. But if she is I dont want to regret another 600 years about not being able to protect her.

Author's POV

On the other hand, Ji ah is working on the 'wedding case'.

''It's fox fur.'' Shin Ju, the veterinarian answered.
''Fox ?''
''A red fox. A native of korea.''

''The native foxes are extinct

''The native foxes are extinct.''
''Oh my. There's something you actually dont know.'' He said chuckling.
''In 2012, they started a business reviving foxes. Look.''

He said showing an article that was titled 'Extinct fox species revived after 40 years'.

''How was a fox native to mount Sobaek found near here ?'' Ji ah wondered.
''One was caught in an apartment complex in Gyeongju. And one crossed the DMZ into north korea.'' He clarified.
''So showing up in a wedding hall at Gangnam is nothing ?''
''Hungry wild hogs rampage through convenience stores.''