42. Lost ring

Author's POV
Flashback

When Imoogi was visiting everyone in their nightmares with the spirit of darkness,
After taking a peek at everyone else in their nightmare they enter the 'Eternal darkness' where y/n is kept unconscious.

''This is first time i've made an exception. Everyone who entered my world had to face their worst memory but this girl is having it really easy.'' The spirit of darkness said in her usual tone looking at Imoogi.
''You don't have to do anything to her. Just let her be here and release her when I tell you to.'' The imoogi says with an expressionless face.
''What ?! Then what was the use of bringing her here ? If she's here I should at least---'' The spirit of darkness stopped when the Imoogi glared at her.
''You will dare not touch my things.'' He said making her tremble in fear.

The Imoogi then walked forward and took a brief look at y/n as he slipped the black jade ring off her finger.

''How'd you..... ''
''It wont work in here, remember ? I thought you would know at least this much.'' The Imoogi said leaving the place.

Present time,

''Where's your ring y/n ?'' Ji ah asked.
''Right, where's my ring ?''
''Did you lose it ?'' Sae rom asked.
''I dont remember removing it. I'm pretty sure about it.'' Y/n said worried.
''When was the last time you saw it ?'' Jae hwan asked.
''I..... I dont remember.... A few days ago maybe ? How can I not remember it ?''
''Let's search for it. If you'd lost it here at the office it might be somewhere nearby.'' Ji ah said volunteering to help as they all scattered to search for the ring but in vain. After sometime, they all gathered in the cabin again.

''Did anyone find it ?'' Tae suk asked.
''Nope, nothing.'' Sae rom and Jae hwan said in unison.
''I registered it in the lost and found in case someone finds it.'' Terry said.
''Thank you.'' Y/n said giving a weak smile.
''Don't worry, you'll get it back. Now let's get back to work shall we ?'' Tae suk said as everyone got back to their seats except Ji ah who was still talking to y/n.

''That ring was special right ?'' Ji ah asked.
''Yeah, it was a black jade. It was supposed to protect me from negative energies. Rang told me to keep it with me at all times, I cant believe I lost it.'' Y/n said getting stressed.
''Calm down, y/n. We'll get it back okay ? Don't worry so much.'' Ji ah said calming y/n down as she left for her cabin.

At Shin Ju's clinic,

''Yes, you can find it there, thank you.'' Shin ju said disconnecting the call as his face lit up when he saw Yuri entering the clinic with a bag.
''Hey ! What brings you here ?'' Shin ju said cheerfully walking to her.
''I wanted to drink, but no bars were open.'' Yuri said nonchalantly.
''Drink ?''
''Forget it if you dont want to.''
''Aniya aniya, have a seat.''

After some drinks down, Yuri got a bit drunk as she loosened up a bit, sharing her feelings with Shin Ju,

''The fact that lee rang-nim could die, scares me. The worst part is I am the only person who knows about this. I can't even tell y/n-ssi because lee rang-nim told me not to. I have no friends, no family. No one.''
''What are you talking about ? You have Anastasia, y/n-ssi and..... also me.''

''If it weren't for lee rang-nim, I would've been put to death at that unlicensed zoo. Kids banging on the glass kept me up during the day, and ticks irritated me at night to the point that I couldn't sleep. I kept shedding fur, the food was awful and the zoo keeper physically abused me.'' Yuri whined.
''What ?! Where the hell is this place ? I'll skin him and eat him alive if I could. How dare he beat you !'' Shin ju said getting worked up.
''Are you drunk ?''
''Uh, sorry about that.''