53. Not a part of the plan

Author's POV

Yeon drops Y/n back at Rang's as he didnt want to give the Imoogi anymore opportunities.
They were in Rang's room where Yeon sat beside him looking at his younger brother.

''What did he mean, when he said I woke up the Imoogi ?'' Y/n asked Yeon. She had a lot of questions boiling up. Though she didn't put out most of them, it was her right to know what was going on. More to say, she felt stupid for not knowing anything.

''The time we were on Eohwa island, you told us that you saw a ritual sight in the middle of the forest. That ritual was for the Imoogi. Ji ah was the supposed sacrifice. But somehow your blood awakened the Imoogi. Do you remember anything ?'' Y/n's mind played the things that happened that day and yes, she remembered something.

''My blood.... I got hurt from the thorns on the well. My blood must have flowed down....... So it's me. I was the one who brought the Imoogi back to life. Rang is in this condition because of me. Everyone is now in danger because of me.....''
''Y/n it's not your fault. Even if it wasn't you, the Imoogi would be alive by now anyways. As granny says, that's fate. We have to focus on our plan now. You remember what we have to do right ?''

The next day,

The time had come. And a call from the Imoogi initiated y/n to take the first step.

''What do you want ?'' Y/n asked as she received the call.
''A lot of things. But for now, I want to meet you.'' Imoogi spoke in his obsessive tone.
''What makes you think I will come to you ?''
''You must know who I am until now. If you want to save Rang, come and meet me. And yeah, wear the dress i've sent you.'' Saying that he hung up when Yuri enters the room with two boxes.

''Y/n-ssi, looks like our plan is working.''

Y/n reaches the venue Imoogi had texted.

Bracing herself for whatever crap she is about to face, she walks to the table

Bracing herself for whatever crap she is about to face, she walks to the table. The Imoogi greets her with a 'pLeAsaNt' smile. He gets up and pulls the chair for her, all that fake courtesy, y/n thought.
She fumes in anger not trying to show it, she takes a seat.

''You didnt wear what I sent you.'' The Imoogi said still smiling looking at y/n.
''You have a disgusting taste in womens clothing. I dont just wear anything.'' Y/n spat venomously.
''This why I like you y/n.'' The Imoogi said moving his hand towards y/n's but she moved it before he could touch her.

''Im really hungry.'' Y/n said avoiding his attempts to make interactions with her.
''I missed you.''
''Stop faking it, will you.'' Y/n almost yelled, slamming the cutlery on the table.
''What ?'' The Imoogi spoke looking 'hurt'.
''Stop lying. The only person you love is yourself no one else. You're just a selfish snake.''

''Y/n, why are you like this towards me ? You never discriminated Rang about being a half-fox. It was you who told that we are the ones who define ourselves not others, didnt you ?'' The Imoogi spoke as he held y/n's hand tight, not letting her regardless of her continuous attempts.
''How do you know that ?'' Y/n asked baffled.