21. Choices

The next day,
Author's POV

''I'll take this.'' Lee rang said choosing a watch from a shop.
''The bezel for this is made with red gold, so it's a bit expensive. It's 35,000 dollars.'' The staff explained Rang.
''Can I get a discount ?''
''Pardon ?''
''It was a joke. Wasn't it funny ?''
''I've never seen you make a joke.'' The staff knew Rang as he had purchased quite some things from the store before too.
''What kind of person do I seem like to you ?''

''You're the kind of person every man wants to be. From head to toe.''
''But in my eyes I seem like a complete wreck. Im sick of waking up every morning. No matter what I buy or eat, nothing ever pleases me. Except for one thing. And I don't know how im going to get her back.''
''How much does that watch cost ?'' Rang asked pointing to the staff the watch he was wearing.
''This one is really cheap.''
''Why do you wear something so cheap then ?''
''It belonged to my late father.

''It must be precious to you.''
''Yeah. Its the most precious thing in the world to me.''
''Give it to me.'' Rang said putting his hand forward.
''Pardon ?''
''I'll trade it with you for my watch.''
''You're kidding right ?''
''No. I wonder what you'll choose. Family or.....''

Lee Rang exits the store, getting inside his car

''Shall we go ?'' Yuri asks.
''Lets go.''

After sometime lee rang throws the watch that he took from the staff on the road getting it crushed under other vehicles.

''What is that ?'' Yuri asks.
''Something that was the most precious thing to a young man until a moment ago. He doesn't have anything like that anymore. Just like me.''
''Lee rang-nim why do you say that ? That was the case before right ? Now you've found y/n-ssi.''

Rang stayed silent. He knew that he'd found y/n and his happiness knew no bounds but he was extremely terrified even at the thought of her getting hurt because of him. Hence he was getting reluctant to do or say certain things that he would have, otherwise.

Lee Rang POV

''Lee rang-nim, why don't you just call her instead of flipping the phone in your hands. Im getting anxious looking at you.'' Yuri said while steering the wheel.
''But will it be alright ?''
''C'mon, lee rang-nim it's really you right ? I've never seen you like this.''
''Yuri-ya, you might not know this now. It's difficult. Im trying my best to hold back cause if I don't then, i'll be myself. And i'm not such a good person you know.'' Honestly, it's kind of hard for me to act this way, give time and take it slow. But I just wanna be really careful. I feel scared of taking steps towards her, thinking that I might lose her again. The horrifying scene still stood before my eyes.

I was about to lecture Yuri more when my phone starts buzzing. Wow. Now that's some telepathy.

''Hello, rang-ssi ? Sorry Rang ?'' I chuckled listening her fumble. It was a rare sight.
''Good morning. I was about to call you.''
''What, me ? Why ?''
''I just wanted to know if you got home safely last night.''
''Oh, yes. I did. Thanks to you. I actually wanted to meet you. If you're available today.''
''Sure, anytime you say.''
''Then is now good ? I'll send you my live location.''
''Sure, im nearby. I'll be there.''