29. You can't marry him

Author's POV

''Ji ah, stop staring at him. You're making it obvious.'' Y/n whispered to Ji ah as she caught her staring at Yeon who was sitting on the table opposite to theirs.
''You saw him ?''
''Of course, he stands out. And he's been looking at out table ever since we entered. Anyone will make out. Why is here anyways ?''
''For me.'' Ji ah answered still stealing glances.

''Who are you looking at ?'' Sae rom finally asked Ji ah as she saw what was going on.
''What ?'' Ji ah tried to act dumb but it wasn't gonna work as Jae hwan saw him too.
''That guy, it's him right ?'' He said pointing at yeon.
''Yeah. Please come and join us.'' Sae rom invited Yeon.
''Told ya to be careful.'' Y/n poked Ji ah as Yeon sat down beside her.

''Seoul is a small city isn't it ? We all met here by coincidence.'' Sae rom initiated the conversation.
''It's not a coincidence.'' Yeon said straightaway.
''Then why are you here ?''
''Because of Ms. Nam.''
''What's going on between you guys ?'' Jae hwan asked curious.

''He has feelings for me and so do I.'' Ji ah answered immediately hoping she wouldn't get anymore questions.
''Oh, but y/n why are you so quite ? You look the least surprised out of all of us.'' Sae rom noticed y/n.
''Oh that.....''
''Don't tell me--'' Jae hwan covered his mouth in surprise.
''You already knew didn't you ? Gosh, you surely take it to the grave.'' Sae rom muttered.

''Don't mind me asking, what job do you do ?'' Tae suk asked.
''He gets paid rent.'' Ji ah spoke in Yeon's stead.
''You own a building ?'' Sae rom asked.
''He owns 30 million dollars worth of real estate.'' Ji ah bragged, as she should.

''By any chance, do you have a brother ?'' Sae rom asked tucking some strands of hair behind her ear.
''I do have a little brother.''
''Then we can be in-laws !'' Sae rom exclaimed making y/n choke on her jjajangmyeon.
''That is a futile plan though, water y/n ?'' Yeon mumbled smirking at y/n, passing her a glass of water.
''Thanks.'' She muttered.

Meanwhile,

Rang was beating the hell out of Shin ju. Shin ju's face was covered in blood & his eyes swollen. Rang was punching, kicking the poor fox making him helplessly lie on the ground, not being able to have the strength to get up let alone fight back.

''Why did you follow me ? Why did Yeon have you follow me ?'' Rang asked. But Shin ju stayed silent. He was still trying to catch his breath after getting all that thrashing.

''Do you still think i'm a little kid who used to follow yeon around ?'' Rang said grabbing the vet's hair forcefully.

''I know you're not. I also know that you can kill me without leaving a single trace.'' Shin ju spoke with the remaining bit of energy he had in his body.
''Then tell me why you followed me.''
''You.... Should know better than anyone.''
''Do you think we're playing 20 questions ?''
''All my life i've lived for Yeon. And I was able to live thanks to him. That means I can't do anything to cause him any harm even if that could cost me my life.'' Shin ju said sitting up only to get punched back to the ground.

''Are you loyal or sympathetic ? Or maybe just dumb ?''
''It's the same reason why you're so obsessed about hurting your older brother. It's because he's important to us both.''

Rang was about to throw another puch at him when his phone's ringing stopped him.

''Yes, yuri ?''
''Lee rang-nim, I've located the kid.''

On the other hand,

Y/n, Sae rom & Jae hwan were walking their way back to the Office. Ji ah was still having a small talk with Yeon so she was still at the restaurant.