45. Snow in monsoon

Author's POV

''But why do I need a coat out of nowhere Rang ?'' Y/n asked confused, standing in the middle of the store surrounded by their latest collection of clothes.
''Why not ? It'll just add to your collection.'' Rang said looking at the coats that were hanging in front of him.
''Can you try this one ?''
''That looks expensive Rang.''
''Dont worry about it. I was saving it all for you anyways.''

After some minutes of selection they came down to buy this one.

They exit the mall and were now walking down the street.

''Brrr, it suddenly got too chilly right ?'' Y/n said rubbing her hands when a snowflake landed on her palm. She looked around to see it was snowing.

''Rang, it's snowing ! But it's not winter yet ?!'' Y/n said surprised and excited, smiling wide while Rang just gazed at her contended.

At the Afterlife Immigration Office,

''Honey, I just got a text from the underworld. They need more people on the boats for help, 132 people committed suicide in Geumran-gu. I think it's the---
What are you doing ?'' Hyeonuiong asked granny who was shuffling through her desk, searching for something.
''That jerk ! I can't believe he did this !'' Granny yelled.
''What happened ? What are you so stressed about ?''
''It's snowing in Seoul ! In rainy season ! Someone stole the weather controlling potion !''
''What ? But who could...''
''Who else ?! Rang ! I swear these two brothers wont let me live in peace !''

''Achoo !'' Rang sneezed.
''Is someone talking about me behind my back ?''
''Are you feeling cold ?'' Y/n asked concerned.
''Aniya, Im actually warm. Im a fox you know. Actually humans can't bear the cold and they easily feel chilly. I dont want you to fall sick so I was thinking if I can.... You know.....'' Rang talked in puzzles.

Y/n just stared at him smiling and then connected her hands with him, making him feel a bit taken aback by her sudden actions.

''Now I feel warm.'' Y/n said chuckling and Rang gave her the most genuine smile ever as he gently tightened the grip on her hand, sliding it into his coats pocket. Rang rarely gave that genuine smile, but whenever he did, it made y/n feel things. Maybe that smile was one of then reasons she fell for him. Because it portrayed his sincerity in the best way.

They were strolling along, y/n was more than happy. Her eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store as she looked around ecstatic by the view. While Rang, he couldn't stop smiling to himself too, when a short figure bumped into him. It was Soo ho.

''Geumdoong-i ?'' Rang said in a low voice.
''Ahjussi....'' Soo ho whimpered weakly.
''Soo ho-ya, what happened to you ? Are you alright ?'' Y/n asked looking at the little one whose lip was busted and cheeks turned light purple indicating a wound probably 1-2 days old.

''You brat ! Get back here !'' A man came running after Soo ho with a cane in his hand.
''Don't annoy me. I will kill you !'' He said looking at Soo ho who was scared and hid behind Rang.
''Who's this ?'' Rang asked Soo ho who was still holding onto his coat.
''My step dad.'' He spoke in a trembling voice.
''Excuse me, what's wrong with you ? Is that how you talk to a child ?'' Y/n said disgusted by the man's tone.
''Yah, why do you care ? Move away.'' The man tried to push y/n when Rang bent that hand to his back making him scream in pain, further pushing him away.