12. Like - brothers

Author's POV

''Nice. You're tough.'' Lee yeon said passing a can of banana milk to Ji ah.
''That was nothing.''

Y/n, Ji ah and Yeon were walking down the street. Ji ah walked in front leading them. Y/n kept staring yeon which he knew.

''You're gonna jinx my handsome face if you stare at me like that.''
''Im sorry, you both just look alike.''
''Why are you following us ?'' Ji ah asked yeon.
''Im not following anyone.''
''Im investigating a story.''
''Im doing something similar.''

Y/n POV

Am I regretting coming here ? Partially, yes. These two just wont stop fighting and arguing. What are they, third graders ? And he calls himself a gumiho. Just great. I think i'll need to work on this by myself.
I can ask the villagers although I dont think they'll tell me anything, but let's give it a try. A grandma was passing by us.

''Excuse me, ma'am....'' I tried to talk to her but she ignored me.

We walked further and Ji ah & I tried to talk to some people but they would run away as soon as we approached them. One of them even closed the door in Ji ah's face.

''Why do you make it so hard ?'' Yeon said.
''It isn't easy to get elderly people from the country side to open up.'' I replied.
''They always sing like a bird when I ask.'' He bragged.
''Do you have a method ?'' Ji ah questioned.
''I break their fingers one by one until they answer. I doubt that will be very productive.'' So this is where Rang learned from.
''You don't seem to be very good at investigating. I'm leaving.'' He added.
''Where are you going ?'' Ji ah asked.
''People aren't the only ones with eyes and mouths.'' Saying that yeon walked away.

''What, are we going after him ?'' I asked Ji ah.
''Ofcourse.''

Here we go.....

We rush after yeon and soon enter in the middle of the forest of the island. Yeon stood there closing his eyes.

''Do you hear anything ?'' Ji ah asked.
''Hush.''

After a few moments he opens his eyes

''Its a dead forest.''
''What ?'' I mean the forest looks pretty healthy to me.
''All the spirits in the forest left.''
''Why ?'' Ji ah asked.
''Wait, what ? Are they actually real ?'' Hold on, who am I kidding ? After everything that i've seen and felt until now, I should be used to this.
''Because they were abandoned and forgotten by people.'' Yeon answered.

Suddenly yeon felt someones presence near by. A noise reached his ears from behind the tree in front of which we were standing.