66. Deception

Lee rang's POV
The next day,

I wanted to go through everything that we've planned for today one last time but yesterday night's memories weren't letting me. How could I forget them ? And on second thought, I don't want to. Just like all those memories of us together in our past, these moments will also remain engraved in my heart.

I was going on talking to myself in my head unknowingly smiling when geumdoong-i plopped beside me on the couch.

''Ahjussi, what are you thinking ?'' He asked passing his gummy smile to me.
''Nothing.'' I replied breifly.
''Why are you smiling by yourself then ?'' He asks a lot of questions.
''Im not.'' I debated.
''Im sure I clearly saw you smiling. Ah ! Were you thinking about yesterday ?'' He asked that while smirking ? Where the hell is he learning all this from ?

''How do you know about yesterday ?''
''Well I guessed some of it and Shin ju samcheon told me the rest.'' That guy seriously can't keep his mouth shut.
''So, did you get down on one knee and give her the ring just like in movies ?''
''It was way better than any movie.''
''But ahjussi, I didn't understand one thing. If noona is already your wife why did you ask her to marry you again ?'' Good question.
''Well---''

My phone buzzed interrupting the million dollar question - answer. It was Yeon.

''Yeah ?''
''Meet me at Granny's and get y/n with you.''

At the Afterlife Immigration Office,
Author's POV

''Did you really have to be out yesterday ?'' Granny asked, her strict vision fixed on Rang.
''Why is everyone curious about yesterday ?'' Rang murmured.
''This is a crucial time for y/n and you're playing with her life by roaming around freely. What if something had gone wrong yesterday ?''
''But nothing happened right ? And nothing will, I won't let it.'' Rang firmly replied as Yeon and y/n just stood awkwardly witnessing what could turn into a possibly big argument.

''Everything is fine granny. Dont worry.'' Y/n tried lightening the mood.
''So, what is it that you wanted to talk about ?'' Yeon asked getting to the point.

''When Bok gil died, I was devastated. Though I couldn't show it, my heart ached for my child's death. Until I saw y/n. I felt like I had a part of Bok gil with me.'' She said as she walked towards y/n with glassy eyes.
''Dont get me wrong y/n, I love you like my daughter.''
''Aniya haelmoni, I know.'' Y/n assured the old soul.
''I can never forget the day he jumped into Samdo river. I lost my child at my own hands that day. I can't afford to lose another one.'' She said now putting on a serious look.

''I told you all that i'll help in killing the imoogi right ?'' Granny asked as the rest nodded.
''But you didnt tell us how.'' Rang voiced out.
Granny went to her wooden shelf and brought something with her, handing it to Rang.
''When the Imoogi comes here tomorrow, stab y/n with this sword.'' She said making everyone confused.
''What ?'' Rang asked, more like exclaimed.
''Stab her enough to kill her. When she's almost dead, Imoogi's other half in y/n's body will try to escape her body before she dies. Once the divided Imoogi becomes one, i'll turn it into stone.'' She explained but Rang didnt seem convinced.

''But what about y/n then ?!'' He raised his voice looking at y/n then Granny.
''Do you think i'll let anything happen to her ? I'll save you y/n. Trust me with this, child.'' She persuaded y/n.
''But granny wont you be punished for this ?'' Y/n asked concerned.
''Why are you like this ? This is no time to worry about other things.''
''But granny---''
''Dont worry. Im the gate keeper of Samdo river, i'll manage.'' Granny gave a smile but Rang's face wasn't approving of the plan.