52. I'll bring him back

Author's POV

''But why me ? I dont even know him.'' Y/n asked confused.
''That's something I am not able to understand too. The Imoogi was a part of Ji ah and My past. Maybe there are still things about you that neither you nor any of us know.'' Yeon said looking at y/n.

''What about lee rang-nim ? How's his condition ?'' Yuri asked.
''I stopped the bleeding but he has shallow breathing. He also has a weak pulse.'' Shin ju replied not meeting any of the girls eyes.
''But he'll get better right ? I mean once the wounds heal he'll be alright... Right ?'' Y/n asked expectantly.

''He's too weak right now...... All we can do is watch.'' Shin ju said avoiding y/n's gaze.
''Will you please do something to save him ?!'' Yuri yelled not being able to take it anymore.
''Yeon, there must be something. Some way we can save Rang. You know it right ? Please help us.'' Y/n pleaded Yeon with desperate eyes.

''What about the ground cherries ? We have the ground cherries.'' Shin ju spoke with a ray of hope.
''Ground cherries ? What ground cherries are you talking about ?'' Y/n asked feeling lost. Yeon and Yuri had to tell y/n about the ground cherries & how Rang survives on them. Y/n was baffled, more to say she was disappointed. She felt regretful about not knowing any of this. It would be a lie to say she didnt feel a bit hurt that Rang didnt tell her anything.

''Im sorry y/n-ssi. I couldn't tell you about any of this.'' Yuri apologized to y/n who was intently looking at Rang.
''You are not to blame Yuri. So the ground cherries can save him ?'' Y/n asked.
''Yes, they can.'' Yuri spoke, now firmly.
''I promised to give it to Granny at Samdo river.'' Yeon spoke.

''Cant we just use a few of them ?'' Yuri cried.
''In every ground cherry, someone's life is trapped inside.'' Yeon said clear enough to echo in the room.
''I don't care, Yeon ! I want Rang back. You dont have any other option, do you ?!'' Y/n yelled.
''Do you want me to kill people to save Rang ? When did you start to think this way ?'' Yeon asked looking at y/n.
''So what if they die ?'' Yuri said nonchalantly.

''Mr. Lee, your brother's life is on the line.'' Shin ju spoke up.
''Where are the ground cherries ?'' Y/n asked, her tone cold.
''At my place.''
''Let's go then.'' Yuri joined y/n but Yeon stood in front of her.
''What ?'' Yuri cried.
''Yeon, move from the way. If you won't give the ground cherries, I'll take them myself.'' Y/n spoke clear & cold.

''Y/n, listen to me. You're not thinking straight right now. Think about all the innocent lives trapped in the cherries. They'll all die y/n. Do you really want that to happen ?'' Yeon explained y/n giving her a meaningful look.
''So what am I supposed to do ? Just sit back and watch ?'' Y/n asked softly looking at Yeon, while tears streamed down her face.

''No. We're going to save Rang. Trust me.''
''How ?''
''We're not going to use the ground cherries. I'm going to catch the Imoogi first. But I need your help on that. Will you help me ?''
''I'll do anything to save Rang.''
''Thank you. Thank you y/n. I'll tell you what we have to do. Wait for my call.'' Yeon said leaving the house.

Minutes and hours passed but y/n didnt move away from Rang. Neither did Yuri or Shin ju.

''Y/n-ssi, Yuri, please take some rest. I'll be here.'' Shin ju spoke in a low concerned tone but y/n didnt even bat an eye.
''Can you ask him to give us a ground cherry. He'll listen to you.'' Yuri tried convincing Shin ju.
''Yuri, please trust Mr. Lee. He will save Rang.''
''He's a jerk. Lee rang-nim is in this state because of him.'' Yuri blurted.

''To be exact Mr. Lee didnt cause this to happen. He warned Rang many times not to get involved with the Imoogi.'' Shin ju almost said in a whisper for y/n to not hear but she did.
''Why did Rang go to the Imoogi though ?'' Y/n asked looking at the other two.
''Thats was before y/n-ssi. When Yeon and lee rang-nim were not on good terms.''