65. A proposal

Author's POV

The door bell to the Imoogi's house rang as Yuri got up and dragged her feet to the door until she saw who's on the other side.

''Yuri-ya its me.'' Rang spoke from outside the door through the doorbell cam. Her eyes widened to see him and Shin ju at the door.
''I see your car outside so im guessing you're there. I dont care if he's with you so just listen. You're in for some trouble when you get home. Who said you could go live with him ?'' Rang scolded her then his eyes softened in a second.

''I miss you Yuri-ya. No ones around to buy me naengmyeon. And the little kid puts stickers all over me. He drives me nuts. Even y/n plays along with him. I need you back in my team.'' Rang makes Yuri chuckle through tears.
''Did you come here all the way to say that ?'' Shin ju said giving the gumiho a look.
''What if she's not listening ?'' He further asks.
''Should we barge in ?'' Rang suggests as Shin ju declines.

''Let me say something as well.'' Shin ju walks closer to the camera.
''Yuri-ya, dont ever forgive him.'' Rang butts in making Shin ju scowl.
''Yuri, i'll save my apology for later. I hope you return safely. Dont listen to a word he says. Just make sure you stay safe. You see I was planning on proposing you---'' Shin ju pulls out the ring when Rang puts it back cringing.
''Stop it.'' Rang makes a face. Their shehnanigans were making Yuri laugh.

''Yuri, i'll come to save you. Just hang in there until tomorrow.'' Rang promises.
''I'll also protect--''
''That's enough. Let's go.'' Rang drags away Shin ju with him while Yuri bursts into sobs from the other end of the door. Rang and Shin ju's visit made one thing clear to her, that the Imoogi was wrong. They loved Yuri as much as she loved them. Rang's promise and Shin ju's confession put her heart at ease. She felt loved and that she wasn't alone.

At Rang's,

''Did you get to see her ?'' Y/n asked the two gumiho's.
''No. But im sure she heard us.''
''Yeah, I wonder if she was cracking up from the other side.'' Y/n muttered to herself knowing the two too well.
''Soo ho, lets go.'' Shin ju signaled the kid as he came running towards the gumiho.
''Are you going somewhere with Soo ho ?'' Y/n asked Shin ju.
''Yeah. I asked him to take care of him for some time.'' Rang spoke in his stead.
''Why ?''
''Because we are going somewhere. You and me.''

Lee Rang's POV

''Rang, why are we here ?'' Y/n asked looking at me as we stood in the middle of a huge boutique shop. She looked around the place like a little kid who's stepped into a whole new world.
''Just to shop some clothes.'' I said casually as a lady approached us dressed in formal attire.
''Good evening, sir and ma'am. Im here for your assistance. How may I help you ?'' She asked in a polite tone.
''I was the one who called earlier.'' I said gesturing the lady as she understood what I was talking about, she then turned to y/n.

I had prepared a small surprise for her. Even in a time like this when it's difficult not to stress out and get anxious, I wanted to put her mind off things and make an attempt to put a smile on her face.

I actually had this in mind since quite some time. But thanks to the continuous flow of problems I could never actually do this. Now when I finally have the chance I dont wanna let it go because I dont know what might happen the next moment. Whatever it might be for me, I want y/n to be in it with me.

''I remember. Please come with me.'' She showed y/n the way while she was totally confused of whatever is happening. I actually like that look in her eyes, she looks cute. She looked at me with questions and I passed her an assuring gaze after which she finally walked along with the staff.

After a few minutes y/n walked out of the trial room and called out for me. I turned around only for my eyes to go wide and mouth to fall agape.
There she stood in front of me smiling innocently, not knowing what she has done to me. Her beauty has bewitched my gaze. Looking at her, I feel like im spell bounded. And yet again, I stood speechless in front of her.